Home | About | Donate

'Language Used by Demagogues': Sanders Rips Trump Over False Claim That He Can Only Lose If Election Is Rigged

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/19/language-used-demagogues-sanders-rips-trump-over-false-claim-he-can-only-lose-if

Trump is certainly trying to set us up with a false narrative. The question is: will we allow him to make rubes of us and get away with it.
I still don’t see the will to fight back against tyranny. I hope I’m wrong.

“the only way we’re going to lose this election is if the election is rigged.”

Just exchange LOSE for WIN and that is a true statement!

2 Likes

So the general theme here at CD is that we shouldn’t vote for either party that can actually win the election. So all the worry and concern for the gerrymandering and voter suppression tactics is meaningless because you don’t plan on voting for them anyway. So what is the real game plan, if any?
I would suggest that if it doesn’t include taking the House and Senate nothing will change.
The nay saying, don’t vote club doesn’t get us any further along than voting for LOTE does.
This is as much an overview as it is an opinion.

1 Like

TRUMP 20 YEARS TO LIFEstrong text**** This is my campaign slogan. I support Trump getting what he so richly deserves. Never have I seen anyone who so richly and belatedly deserves a long, long prison sentence. He needs so desperately to be put away. Perhaps a lockdown mental institution would be more just as long as it is for life.

My money says Trump will no doubt be exonerated for reasons of insanity… because who could ever refute that!

I’ve been thinking the same thing ever since I saw the clip of our POTUS (Piece Of Totally Unfit Shit) saying this on last night’s news.

IMHO, unless Tweetle-Dumb commits suicide he will be violating his oath to defend the Constitution from ALL enemies, Foreign AND Domestic.

A plea of ‘Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity’ should allow Tweetle-Dumb to avoid being sent to the electric chair / gas chamber / guillotine or – what he truly deserves – to be drawn and quartered, but it should ensure that he is locked away in an institution for the criminally insane for the rest of his life.  OTOH Barr, DeJoy, Don Jr., Giuliani, Graham, Ivanka, Jared, Johnson, McConnell, Nuñez, O’Bummer, P’Loser, Pompeo, Prince et multi al can’t use that excuse.

All American elections are rigged regardless of who wins or loses. They are rigged by the financials of the campaign, they are rigged by gerrymandering, they are rigged by selective media coverage and even preferential media coverage, they are rigged by electronic voting machines, and crazy voting app irregularities, and convoluted and unaccountable counting practices such as in the Gore / Bush Florida count, and they are rigged by nefarious manipulations within the party itself such as Clinton literally owning the DNC during her primaries against Sanders. Disenfranchising voters is a favorite election rigging scheme of the republicans, disenfranchising minorities and felons so they cannot vote. Ultimately if the postal service isn’t used to manipulate the election, it will be the first opportunity to manipulate an election that was not capitalized on in all of recent American history. So yes the vote is rigged by the mail in ballots, but so what, so is every other method of voting! Until we actually care about fair elections, and are not deliberately manipulating the elections in both party’s then the pretense of being concerned about rigged elections is just another effort at rigging the election in one persons favor, Trump’s. Destroying the USPS in a n election year and a pandemic is an obvious effort at rigging an election. This is from the guy who hates the Voting rights act.

You got it! My Grandfather who ran for State Senator before he died and lost, told me much the same thing AND TOLD ME PERSONALLY THAT LOSING THE ELECTION WAS PROBABLY THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO HIM, BECAUSE HE HAD NO CONCEPTION OF THE POLITICAL CORRUPTION! Enjoyed your post. Like I have posted many times: POLITICIANS ARE SELECTED LONG BEFORE THEY ARE ELECTED BY THE POLITICALLY, GULLIBLE.