Home | About | Donate

Lawmakers Warn 'Totally Appropriate' Comment Proves Trump Willing to Foment Violence Again

As I hear more and more about the details of the siege of the Capitol, one of the most outrageous acts exemplifying the mental state of many Trump supporters happened a thousand miles away in the story of the manatee in the Homosassa River mutilated by someone who scraped “TRUMP” on its back (~https://www.chronicleonline.com/news/local/federal-officials-seek-information-on-manatee-harassment/article_c84a3b66-5423-11eb-93b6-1bf69750167f.html).

Trumpism seems quite aligned with those that would desecrate a manatee - perhaps the most gentle creature in all of nature.

2 Likes

It seems like a bad strategy the democrats are employing, although a brilliant act of political theatre. The expectation is there will be more violence, and there will be, and any republicans who fail to hold Trump and others accountable have blood on their hands, and also can possibly be held accountable for their role. Beyond that fact, which may serve to consolidate more power for the democrats, it doesn’t accomplish much. I sort of think vanishing Trump to Gitmo would be more effective. Nobody has to see it happen, nor do any charges ever have to be filed, and no release ever need take place. Meanwhile the narrative can be “where is Trump”, rather than democrats trying to seize power. Speculation can be made of Trump hiding in another country to avoid prosecution, some will say he was assassinated but won’t have any proof. America is within its rights to do so, thanks to excesses of previous republican leaders, I would see it as the ultimate irony.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t think it is ever good news when someone dies, especially if they go into eternity without ever having a change of heart, but yeah, good news, because buying government chumps is what fascism is really all about. But, he will be replaced by another.

~https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/business/sheldon-adelson-death/index.html

And thanks for all the input from all of you. Before I signed up here
i was kind of lonely. Corporate media was not connecting to the inner me.

2 Likes

Glenn Greenwald is Queer and the orange loser – just like Jair Bolsonaro – is very anti-Queer, so highly doubtful they would be hanging together.

Yes America was great almost all the way until Reagan took it apart. He declared on public TV that we were no longer an industrial economy but rather a service economy which at least partly meant that we will be using the capitalist Trojan horse IMF and other fangs of the big capital to bribe foreign leaders into accepting huge loans to be paid back with back breaking interest for a very long time. Detroit got empties of machine shops and parts making machinery almost overnight all to be transported to low cost labor countries around the globe. So creating poverty and then exploiting the resultant poor people.

The overt insanity of the creature and all his words and deeds over 4 years and the entirety of his life are clear and present dangers to whatever is good and just and honorable in the world - I know that is a bold all-encompassing comment on the morality and intentions of that person, but the evidence and malignant actions overwhelmingly support such a finding.

The actions, words, greed, and life-threatening agenda toward others must be rejected, utterly and without qualifications, else the pattern and crimes against the republic, common decency, truth, empathy and concern/empathy for others and entire planet - destructive and contemptuous of and to the Common Good and sustainable future - all that and more will continue to be intentionally destroyed and made mockery of by a person nearly unrivaled as a creature of greed, self-interest, division, and actual evil.

Whoever did that to a manatee is one sad, sick S.O.B.

3 Likes

Adleson?
For the amount of evil and destruction he’s done , I hope he died alone coughing up blood.

2 Likes

It was some sort of complication from cancer treatment. But, he was a zealot, who probably never came to an understanding of how it all fit together.

After all, it was the zealots who got the war going with Rome in the first place.

1 Like

Didn’t realize Adleson had been around that long
; - )

1 Like

Well, his personality sure was. The term zealot was coined in those days. We still use it today, small world.

1 Like

Yes, I knew the history

I wouldn’t have been able to type out the “H” word in describing the cretin, but yes the verminous executive is nothing more than a rallying point for those needing an outlet for pent up hatred which has completely consumed their hearts and souls. How the massive religious following has bought into this hate is not as surprising as it should be. It seems to have been their dominant role in history for thousands of years.

HI timebr:
Politicians should read more history, because it seems like so many make similar mistakes no matter the year or the nation. England giving up workers who could make things and switching all that work to Germany and then when the WW 1 war came—England had screwed itself.
I think America did too with so many jobs being outsourced to China. If We the People really mattered to the elected ones, they would look at the whole picture instead of only seeing that they could get workers wholesale and in another nation too
I remember reading that corporations paid 90% in taxes after WW 2----and CEOs were still rich, but when all the $ goes to corporations—the People truly do suffer and those at the top don’t see the connection that when workers suffer----so does the economy. : (

https://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/67252-rsn-hey-maga-marchers-where-was-coward-trump-as-you-died

Hey MAGA Marchers: Where Was Coward Trump as You Died?

By Bob Fitrakis and Harvey Wasserman, Reader Supported News

13 January 21

AN OPEN LETTER TO MAGA MARCHERS

When Donald Trump incited you to assault the Capitol, he said he would be with you.

He wasn’t.

Four of you are dead and you’ve killed a policeman. More of you will suffer and die from the COVID that spread through your maskless march. Many of you now face prison terms and ruined lives.

Had you been black, you’d’ve been gunned down before you got anywhere near the Capitol building.

Some of you in Los Angeles compensated by assaulting a black woman who accidentally walked into one of your rallies. Others expressed your opinions about Jews by wearing hats saying 6MWE (Six Million Wasn’t Enough).

Maybe Trump’s bone spurs kept him from marching with you.

When Alice Paul and Martin Luther King and Dorothy Day and Cesar Chavez and so many other great American leaders have organized marches for social change, they personally endured gassings, beatings, imprisonment. They never hesitated to risk their own bodies for a higher cause.

When Trump urged you to assault the Congress, he never intended to join you. He sat safe in the White House you pay for, watching you kill and be killed. He will certainly pardon himself to avoid the kinds of criminal charges many of you will face.

When the COVID came here, Trump let it spread so America could develop “herd immunity.”

You are the herd. Are you immune yet?

While you marched, Trump’s virus killed more than 4,000 Americans. It was the pandemic’s worst death day … until the one after that and the one after that. After all these months, Trump’s viral death toll is getting worse, not better.

Because of Trump’s negligence, more Americans died on the day you marched than at Pearl Harbor or in the World Trade Centers. Advanced medical treatments you paid for but can’t get yourself saved Trump when he got the virus. You can’t now get the vaccines you paid for because – as he golfs at your expense ($151 million and counting) – Trump really doesn’t care what happens to you.

Trump’s 2020 margin of defeat (7 million votes) was the biggest to oust any incumbent except Herbert Hoover and Jimmy Carter.

This letter’s co-author, Bob Fitrakis, monitored El Salvador’s elections in the 1990s. Harvey Wasserman was a plaintiff in the successful federal lawsuit demanding a recount in Ohio 2004, for which we supported a Congressional challenge to the Electoral College delegation.

We brought mountains of credible evidence, reputable lawyers, and solid court victories. We lost in Congress. But defeated presidential nominee John Kerry, a combat vet, incited no armed rebellion. We wouldn’t have followed him if he had.

This year, well over 100 million registered voters got paper ballots to be protected, scanned, and accurately counted. In Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Georgia, there were recounts we could not get in Ohio 2004 or Michigan 2016 despite favorable court rulings. The recounts all proved Trump lost.

Trump’s much-hated Dominion machines were installed by Republicans in Georgia over vehement objections from the Election Protection movement.

They did not turn this election. But we want them gone. We ask you to help us rid our elections of ALL such ballot-marking devices and touchscreen machines.

We want ALL registered voters to get paper ballots … to be hand marked, digitally scanned, accurately counted, and safely preserved.

Digital images and paper ballots must be kept for recounts, which this year proved that Trump lost.

We want money out of politics. Billionaires must be stopped from buying what’s good for their fellow mobsters and bad for the rest of us. Gerrymandering must end, along with the Electoral College.

We want democracy and statehood for DC and Puerto Rico.

We want no more would-be dictators inciting fake rebellions while followers like you take the fall.

To Trump – like those who died in war to protect America – you are “suckers” and “losers.”

You can do better. Let’s work together for a true democracy.

Bob Fitrakis & Harvey Wasserman co-wrote The Strip & Flip Disaster of America’s Stolen Elections: Five Jim Crows & Electronic Election Theft www.freepress.org

Reader Supported News is the Publication of Origin for this work. Permission to republish is freely granted with credit and a link back to Reader Supported News.