Home | About | Donate

Laying 'Tens of Thousands of Preventable Deaths' at the Feet of Trump Failures, Top US Health Official Resigns in Protest

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/07/laying-tens-thousands-preventable-deaths-feet-trump-failures-top-us-health-official

5 Likes

Three cheers for Dr. Rick Bright, a man of true conscience.

10 Likes

Trump is right about chloroquine. It has been used safely for 65 years. Hydroxychloroquine is a less toxic form of chloroquine. The tests that resulted in heart problems were that result of prescribing 5 times the recommended dose. At the proper dose, side effects are rare.

The FDA barred the use of hydroxychloroquine for covid-19 which is a violation of the doctor-patient relationship. So it’s charlatans like scientist Rick Bright that are responsible for tens of thousands of deaths.

You and Trump are wrong. Hydroxychloroquine is a drug that has been used safely for the treatment of MALARIA. They are completely unrelated illnesses. Taking hydroxychloroquine for Covid is like putting sugar in your gas tank because both sugar and gasoline are sources of energy. Trump is the charlatan. Trump, for failing to follow the advice of medical experts from around the world and for pretending that Covid is no big deal is the one who is responsible for most of the Covid related deaths in the U.S. 23 people connected to the White House are infected because Trump refuses to wear a mask and makes fun of people who do wear masks. Trump’s refusal to wear a mask led to him going to hospital. Biden wears a mask and he is still healthy. Do you not see a connection?

4 Likes

And one other point you must consider. When Trump was in hospital they gave him several different medications. They DID NOT give him any hydroxychloroquine. If it was so great for treating Covid, wouldn’t they have given it to him?

3 Likes

This is old news. Maybe you missed it.
… The largest study yet of hydroxychloroquine, first reported at Military.com, analyzed the records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infections at Veterans Health Administration hospitals. Of those given hydroxychloroquineplus usual care, about 28% died; of those getting only routine care, just 11% died. The study also found the hydroxychloroquine made no difference in the need for a breathing machine, and might have damaged other organs - a serious side effect long suspected by doctors. In Brazil, a similar study recently found many patients suffered heart arrhythmia after getting higher doses of the drug, and the project was halted after 11 patients died.

3 Likes

leading to tens of thousands of preventable deaths

Dr. Fauci advises that we Americans shall suffer
over 400,000 dead.

And the orange man says “it is what it is”.

1 Like

I know Trump is FOS. But I don’t let my distain of Trump cloud my objectivity.
Here is just some of the research I have done:

Hydroxychloroquine is also used to treat symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and discoid or systemic lupus erythematosus.

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows** - 7/2/20

“The Association of American Physicians & Surgeons (AAPS) has submitted additional evidence to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) and Food & Drug Administration (FDA) in hopes of compelling the agency to relax its restrictions on the use of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to treat COVID-19 among the general public.”

Those patients were already hospitalized. Hydroxychloroquine only works in the early stages of covid-19.

Higher doses of hydroxychloroquine are not recommended to treat covid-19.

and you are not a doctor or medical professional, right?
As another astute poster here pointed out, 45 did not receive your pet cures.