Home | About | Donate

Leaked Emails From Pro-Clinton Group Reveal Censorship of Staff on Israel, AIPAC Pandering, Warped Militarism

Leaked Emails From Pro-Clinton Group Reveal Censorship of Staff on Israel, AIPAC Pandering, Warped Militarism

Glenn Greenwald

Leaked internal emails from the powerful Democratic think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) shed light on several public controversies involving the organization, particularly in regard to its positioning on Israel. They reveal the lengths to which the group has gone in order to placate AIPAC and long-time Clinton operative and Israel activist Ann Lewis — including censoring its own writers on the topic of Israel.

"Other emails show Tanden arguing that Libyans should be forced to turn over large portions of their oil revenues to repay the U.S. for the costs incurred in bombing Libya, on the grounds that Americans will support future wars only if they see that the countries attacked by the U.S. pay for the invasions."

Brilliant.
Pay the humanitarian bombers for killing and maiming your children.

What country could refuse such a just and compassionate proposal?

The kindness and generosity of the Center for American Progress knows no bounds.

"As the Washington Post’s Greg Sargent put it earlier this year: CAP “is poised to exert outsized influence over the 2016 president race and — should Hillary Clinton win it — the policies and agenda of the 45th President of the United States. CAP founder John Podesta is set to run Clinton’s presidential campaign, and current CAP president Neera Tanden is a longtime Clinton confidante and adviser.”"

Hey Sanders haters, this is what you get if Bernie doesn't win.

Hillary is a politician who knows where the power and money are. Part of that is the rule of big-money in our electoral system that SCOTUS has sanctified, and part personal lack of integrity, honesty, and moral compass. The distinction between Bernie Sanders and Hillary is stark - one is a pure political street-walker (like her husband) and the other driven by experience and honesty speaking about what he actually believes-in, and has for most of his life, not the result of some poll or issue of the moment. One look at both faces reveals the truth of who is true and who will say anything they think others want to hear or will bring political or financial advantage.

American politicians, especially elected officials who are obligated (by oath at least) to serve the American people, who cater to, and serve instead the interests and agenda of a foreign power are treasonous! There are no ifs, ands, or buts about that, craven servile pandering and empowerment of a foreign power is treason, and the nation subverting our national interests, foreign policy, domestic politics (quite obviously) is Israel and its extremist expansionist agenda.

Being Jewish is not what I'm talking about, but the difference between right and left, right and wrong, tolerance and racist arrogant exceptionalism. Bernie is Jewish but does NOT hold "dual-citizenship" as many who serve the interests of Israel do - really holding first-loyalty to the extremist Israeli agenda, NOT the best interests of the US.

We support, fund, and arm the Israeli extremist terrorist agenda, and that makes us complicit to their crimes against humanity - supporting that agenda and their openly subversive treasonous American agents, the AIPAC traitors, should not be tolerated! I wonder how much the sneak-attack on the USS Liberty by Israel and the cover-up quid pro quo by BOTH our politicians and Israel plays in current lap-dog servility of US "leaders" to Israeli extremism/terrorism.

Addendum re Hillary - her policy letter titled "How I Would Reaffirm Unbreakable Bond With Israel — and Benjamin Netanyahu" - as craven and contemptible statement as ever was - all Clinton supporters should think again!
http://forward.com/opinion/national/324013/how-i-would-rebuild-ties-to-israel-and-benjamin-neta/ - Read her policy letter here

Clinton/Bush, different sides of the same Deep State coin...

The character of some of those in policy influencing positions in this country is truly frightening, Neera Tanden, of the bombed should pay for being bombed, is just another mind boggling example. Where do these people come from? From what ethos do such barbarisms spring? Tanden paired up with the chuckling Ms. Hillary is a match made in hades.

"President Neera Tanden and Netanyahu [will] explore “ways to strengthen the partnership between Israel and the United States.”"

Wow! any stronger and this country will have to be renamed, the "United States of Israel"...

Once more Greenwald informs about circumstances any and all who have paid attention to the relationships of the great majority of US politically elected and appointed members of government, on any level, have genuflected to AIPAC which is little more than a factor of the Israeli government. The same kind of collaboration also appears to be a factor related to the corporate state and media. As published here related to Clinton as well as Greenwald's "Intercept" owner Pierre Omidyar. So the question arises is Omidyar using his publication and Greenwald specifically to attack Clinton while the public is unaware of his political action?

"Beyond this, the article also notes that the connections between Univision and the Clinton Foundation aren’t always transparent and that Saban, who owns part of Univision, has donated possibly as much as $25 million to the coffers of the Clinton Foundation, along with saying it is his dream to get Clinton elected. This is evident because Saban himself has even hosted a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton in California. This is important because, as the article points out, Saban’s wife, Cheryl Saban, is a member of the board of directors of the Clinton Foundation. The foundation’s site confirms this and interestingly describes her as “a writer, psychologist … philanthropist and advocate for women and children” without mentioning that her husband is Haim Saban or that she is married.

Moving on, the article quotes top Univision executives who say that a “firewall exists between editorial and corporate” and that Saban is “very respectful of the network’s journalistic independence.” Any astute observer should be wary of this conclusion because First Look Media, which includes The Intercept, says the same thing about wealthy libertarian capitalist Pierre Omidyar, when really the lines are blurred."

"http://www.mintpressnews.com/MyMPN/connecting-the-dots-hillary-clinton-zionism-and-haim-saban/

While I've made it clear my intent is to vote for Senator Sanders in the CA primary, though admitting in hoping to avoid a Repuglican victory putting one of the candidates of nightmare even worse than Clinton into the White House, those who are also supporting Sanders might note he has in the past. prior to his candidacy, been a supporter of AIPAC, though hardly an exception even among those in Congress also described as "progressives."

"On Thursday, all 100 U.S. senators—including progressives Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Al Franken and Sherrod Brown—passed an AIPAC-drafted resolution supporting the Netanyahu government’s military invasion of the Gaza Strip.

AIPAC stands for American Israel Public Affairs Committee. It lobbies Congress and the White House in the interests of Israel and is a source of campaign funds for both Democrats and Republicans."

http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/dead_gazans_missing_from_senate_endorsement_of_israeli_invasion_20140720

From your link:

"Truthdig reader Richard Pilkington pointed out by email that there were no formal votes cast for or against Resolution 498. The resolution was passed by “unanimous consent,” meaning apparently that no senator objected. Progressive senators Al Franken and Sherrod Brown co-sponsored the resolution. Senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren did not. The language of this article was changed to reflect this clarification."

Sanders was one of the 20 Senators who DIDN'T sponsor/co-sponsor the resolution. 80 did.

Sanders also condemned Israel's disproportion use of force:

"Sanders believes the Israeli attacks that killed hundreds of innocent people – including many women and children – in bombings of civilian neighborhoods and UN controlled schools, hospitals, and refugee camps were disproportionate, and the widespread killing of civilians is completely unacceptable. Israel's actions took an enormous human toll, and appeared to strengthen support for Hamas and may well be sowing the seeds for even more hatred, war and destruction in future years."

Know any other Senators who said anything even near that, or that they were "not a great fan" of Netanyahu?

Sanders has been more critical of Israel than any sitting U.S. Senator and presenting his position as support for AIPAC based on not objecting to a bill is simply wrong.

"Ezra Klein
Do you view yourself as a Zionist?

Bernie Sanders
A Zionist? What does that mean? Want to define what the word is? Do I think Israel has the right to exist, yeah, I do. Do I believe that the United States should be playing an even-handed role in terms of its dealings with the Palestinian community in Israel? Absolutely I do.

Again, I think that you have volatile regions in the world, the Middle East is one of them, and the United States has got to work with other countries around the world to fight for Israel's security and existence at the same time as we fight for a Palestinian state where the people in that country can enjoy a decent standard of living, which is certainly not the case right now. My long-term hope is that instead of pouring so much military aid into Israel, into Egypt, we can provide more economic aid to help improve the standard of living of the people in that area."

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/28/9014491/bernie-sanders-vox-conversation

Thank you for taking the time to lay the facts out. So much unwarranted (and unsubstantiated) speculation is passed off as factual in Internet conversation threads (a direct carryover of the mainstream media's tactics); and it's a task mucking through it to separate the wheat from the chaff.

That is the outrageous to even suggest. If Libya has to pay the USA for the cost of its total destruction for the benefit of oil greed, then clearly rape victims should be made to pay up for investment by the perpetrator and compensate the perpetrator for any injuries.

I guess victims of police violence already have to do that.

Cynthia McKinney: US Lawmakers FORCED to Support Israel!

Thank you for reading closer than I did ctrl_z and sharing the URL. I certainly don't fall into the "Sanders haters" faction having noted I plan to vote for him in the CA primary though I will vote for whoever wins the Democratic nomination in the general election. The unfortunate reality is while voters tend to have little concern about even such disdain by the GOP as to have Bibi do his infamous speech before the joint session of Congress, over at Counterpunch while Bibi appears to accept and support the GOP as does AIPAC, it appears he may be joining up with Hillary. Most Jewish voters tend to vote Democratic. I wonder how AIPAC and Bibi will go and if it will add to her ever increasing polls? A very long article, but for readers such as you worth the time. Just the intro for those who might bother and the link.

"After his second-place finish in the 1992 New Hampshire primary, Bill Clinton, the man in line to become America’s first First Sir, became known as the “Comeback Kid.”

Benjamin Netanyahu will soon earn that nickname too. When Barack Obama, and the leaders of five other world powers, prevented him from thwarting efforts to reach an agreement with Iran over its (non-existent) nuclear program, Netanyahu was humiliated, made to look the fool, handed his comeuppance.

Now, he is about to stage a comeback. For this, like the Comeback Kid of yesteryear, he has mainly Hillary Clinton to thank."

"http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/11/06/netanyahu-the-come-back-kid/

The same misinformation keeps getting repeated - and corrected - time and again.

At this point it's difficult to view it as anything other than a deliberate misrepresentation of Sanders' position.

Coffee's been on for while, can you smell it yet? Have a good one neighbor...

"Americans will support future wars only if they see that the countries attacked by the U.S. pay for the invasions."
* Yeah, what a great idea. I can see Israel sending Hamas a bill for the ammo expended in blowing Gaza to smithereens and killing a few thousand Palestinians.
* The Israeli and US Fourth Reich governments are like Ebola and Malignant Melanoma.
* I hope the world can find a cure, for apparently We the People of the World, for the most part, haven't a clue.
* Perhaps, if all the nations victimized by this dynamic duo refuse to pay for their destruction, than they will quit because it is not profitable.
* Unfortunately, since war is the most profitable business in the world, that refusal will probably just be a tax write-off.
* I'm not even sure if radical surgery would do the job, but perhaps it is worth a try.
;-})

Whatever Shillary says is a only to get through Super Tuesday. When she " steals " this primary on Super Tuesday, with delegates from states in the South, that no Democratic nominee stands a chance in hell of winning. Just watch: she'll start parsing her previous statements on everything important to the Sanders supporters. The Congressional Black Caucus's Southern members will have their purses emptied if the don't go along with this charade. That's just how the DLC/DNC/CAP and Clintonistas drew it up in 2012. Face it, AIPAC owns the center-right in this country. And, they have a peculiar taste for political extortion. Example A is Rabbi Joe and his Independent run in 2006. Podesta and Tanden appear time and time again on MSNBC, which is a front, for this type of disgusting pandering to the Israelis.. Benjamin Netanyahu is a bombastic, right wing, religious phony. He's a war pig, too. How comfortable he must feel next to the Clintons; finding it mesmerizing to sit next to 2 of the biggest phonies ever to reach the pinnacles of the American presidency and hard power. I have refused to give a dime to this farcical group hugging of the DLC's agenda on foreign policy. And, I will not support them or vote for them, either. Endless war and murder by the U.S. Saudi Arabia and Israel in the MENA must be ended for good. Because, with this greasy bunch, the butter will run out long before the guns sales and insider deals, do. It just isn't that complicated, either. The Clintonistas will steal from the 99s under the guise of " compromise and bipartisanship ". Just read it and weep for your country. Enough is enough! Enough is truly enough!

Milo Minderbender is alive and well!

Catch-22 becomes yet more prophetic by the day.

Wonder Mrsannhitts if you are taking time to watch the Maddow forum on MSNBC or have decided in advance the only candidate you will vote for is Senater Sanders. So far no discussion of AIPAC, but a lot about climate change/global warming which eat the bottom line for some of us who tend to care about the further of our progeny ls primary for the discussion. Worth the time to watch before we all give the election away to the GOP.