Home | About | Donate

Leaked Text Shows Big Pharma Bullies Using TPP To Undermine Global Health

Leaked Text Shows Big Pharma Bullies Using TPP To Undermine Global Health

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Bolstering long-held criticisms from public interest groups, newly leaked sections of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) show how Big Pharma is employing "an aggressive new form of transnational corporatism" to increase profits at the expense of global health.

Recall during Obama's first week in office in January 2009 he secretly met with drug industry lobbyist Billy Tauzin to make sure the drug industry would continue the flow of bribes to Democrats and assure Billy that the upcoming ACA would prohibit the government negotiating drug prices.

Tauzin is the Louisiana Congressman who pushed through the 2003 Medicare Part D extortion act, and immediately resigned his seat in Congress to take a $2 million per year drug lobbying job.

And on, and on, and on. The mega corporations that own most of the world today have no interest in the welfare of any people, or of the Earth itself. Their sole interest is in how much pelf they can pile up in the time remaining.
* With a six billion plus population, the corporations have no care for the proles. Even the loss of a few billion will still leave them with enough serfs to do their bidding, and to buy corporate products, if they can afford them.
* N0 ON TiSA, the TPP and the TTIP! No on government bribes and pressure! No on the 0.001% that owns most of the world today.
* Boycott! Divest! Sanction all of this gang of greedy thugs and redistribute their stolen wealth and power to We the People.
* With that, perhaps we could build a better world. It would certainly beat serfdom.
;-})

"In reality there are three conjoined mega-agreements, the TiSA, the TPP and the TTIP, all of which strategically assemble into a grand unified treaty, partitioning the world into the west versus the rest."

I think that the above statement is inaccurate. Who is this "West"? It is a hegemonic New World Order set of binding rules that leave the citizenry out of equations that relate to their own health, national/sovereign laws, and capacity to protect their environments from the plunder of global corporations.

This one is FAR more on target:

"The Great Treaty is taking shape in complete secrecy, because along with its undebated geostrategic ambitions it locks into place an aggressive new form of transnational corporatism for which there is little public support."

To understand how far down the slippery slope the manipulation of human health has gone, check this out. (Caution: Not for the faint-hearted):

"....So I’m a pill popper now,
Just one of the crowd;
Boosting big pharma’s profits
It makes me so proud.
And if my pills have side effects
No worry, I just have to wait
For another pill to counteract them,
Isn’t that great?

Of course the pills never cure you,
It’s just the symptoms they mask;
Curing what ails you
Is not big pharma’s task.
If the pills were to cure you,
And your illness were to stop ,
Think of the drug companies,
How their profits would drop"
From: rhymeafterrhyme.net "I'm a Drug Addict Get me Out of Here"

No sound on my computer, no closed caption on the video, and I do not read lips. So totally unintelligible.

If we can hang on to the $160,000/QALY limit on what Medicare will cover, the ACA should self-destruct from inflation alone, even without what too big to fail drug firms want to do to it.

On less than $15,000/year income I can NOT afford to donate anything to much of anything. On top of that the house of worship where I attend services claims everyone should donate 10% of income to charities trying to relieve poverty ALONE--and can't count anything else even donations to the house of worship itself. So there is no way I can donate anything to you now or ever in the foreseeable future.

Wow! A lot to think about here. Thanks for the link.
* Makes me think of Walt Kelly and Pogo,
* "We have met the enemy, and he is us!"
* I just hope that, somehow, We the People will be able to overthrow, or overcome, Them the Greedy.
;-})