Home | About | Donate

Lebanese Prime Minister and His Entire Cabinet Resign Amid Mass Protests Over Deadly Beirut Explosion

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/10/lebanese-prime-minister-and-his-entire-cabinet-resign-amid-mass-protests-over-deadly

1 Like

Well, at least somebody’s got it right.

This is what should happen in the US in terms of the current administration’s COVID-19 response!

2 Likes

Did anyone see how they did that, so we can copy it.

2 Likes

This (the protesting) happened because of desperation. As I linked in the CD story, “Trump Covid-19 Executive Actions Woefully Inadequate, Legally Dangerous”, Beirut protestor Eddie Gabriel:

“I lost my house, my car, my job, I lost friends.”
"There’s nothing left to be afraid of. Everything is gone." (emphasis mine)

Without the government financially propping up the citizens of the US, in a short while we will see that same attitude here. Just like in Lebanon, when that happens, all hell will break loose.

1 Like

See my post above, and if interested my post to the CD story referenced in the above post.

In short, desperation.

Good job. Hopefully they don’t sell their souls by welcoming French recolonization though.

Lebanese forgot one very important french word - G - llottine. Quitting and leaving wealthy is no punishment.