Home | About | Donate

Led by US Under Trump, Global Military Spending Soared to Highest Level in Recorded History Last Year

Led by US Under Trump, Global Military Spending Soared to Highest Level in Recorded History Last Year

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Global military spending reached its highest level since the records began two decades ago, according to a new analysis released Monday—an increase led by the United States and China.

1 Like

To steal from fools:

"How are they going to pay for it?"

6 Likes

What if military spending was decided by popular referendum instead of by the MIC?

4 Likes

$1.82 trillion for death and destruction but no money for People’s Healthcare? That’s just perverted…

8 Likes

We are the Global War and Terrorism Cabal and providing almost unlimited funds.

2 Likes

Trump has made the political calculation that by stroking the MIC, the most powerful force in this nation, he can keep his seat. I doubt that it is much deeper than that.

1 Like

“That’s just perverted”

No, Harry, I believe that is called “the american way” nowadays.

1 Like

I tend to agree, Clyde. Except many administrations before Trump were also in bed with the US MIC, the US PIC, etc etc…

1 Like

That, and jack sh!t for trying to solve the unfolding climate catastrophe.

2 Likes

Horrific news. Our home planet is truly on the ropes. Way past time for total, rolling, Gandhian non cooperation to halt and start to reverse the existential threats to Life on Earth.

2 Likes

Oh, I totally agree, Harry. I just meant that the corruption has come to be expected/accepted as the norm.

By the way, I was told (Because I refused to watch the asshole’s campaign…ever!) that HE promised his idiots that “everyone would have health care” when he is elected. I suppose being duped is fine with the brain-dead, eh?)

1 Like

Well, yeah, not just healthcare, Harry . . . got an email today about another little snarky trick by the T admin . . . they want to charege $25 for a replacement Social Security card.

Them ‘entitlement programs’ (thank you, Mitchy Poo) are so danged expensive . . . they’re suckin’ the economy dry!

1 Like

Madness.

3 Likes

There is simply no justification for the size and scope of the US military mission.

To serve as justification for this spending they staged the 911 attack.

2 Likes

It would seem our species is determined to self-destruct. Let people die for lack of healthcare; let our roads and bridges crumble, disastrously and lethally; let our children go hungry and live in poverty; ignore the growing number of homeless citizens, many of whom work full time; refuse to fund our schools or pay our teachers a living wage; and refuse to take care of the veterans who fight our forever wars; and always keep those tax dollars flowing into the pockets of defense contractors, the primary beneficiaries of our death-dealing empire. If a budget is a moral statement, what does money for death, but never for life, say about us? No words are adequate to contain this evil.

1 Like