Home | About | Donate

Let Bernie Be

Let Bernie Be

Bernard Weisberger

Am I living in the same country as the current editors of the mainstream media and the high-placed officials of the Democratic Party? Do we speak the same language?

"Let Bernie Be", let Bernie do what he said he would do. Bernie captured at the least 40% of the Democratic vote and more if the election had been fair. He has earned and deserves respect and a right to voice the will of so many people at the convention.
The pictures shown of Bernie with Obama and a torchered looking Bernie with Harry Reid with captions implying Bernie had caved and will endorse Clinton were just more of the constant effort to deny him what is rightfully his.
He will take our voices to the convention and has said he will lead the revolution from inside and outside of the Senate. I believe he will.
He has to stay in the race because Hillary may self destruct between now and November. Assange has promised to release more emails and who knows, she may be indicted or speeches released. She is such a weak candidate anything could happen. (we can hope) I'm with him to the end.
Never Hillary

I like the historical references, so interesting to look back and see the players and the issues, how they seem to come around again. For example, from that "Cross of Gold" speech, this example of how government belongs in some businesses:

"Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank, and that the Government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of government, and that the banks ought to go out of the governing business."