Home | About | Donate

Let It Shine

Let It Shine

Kathy Kelly

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna' let it shine! Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine."

Bright shining resistance!

Thanks Kathy Kelly for the direct call to challenge the everyday comforts of privileged lives, in service to facing and ending the horrors that are structured into the economic and political systems that currently prevail.

Beautiful, inspiring work! There is a freedom and empowerment to nonviolent, selfless work for change that I have experienced and sometimes find again in my teaching work when the students and I realize we're doing the work of creating new understanding and new community. We "progressive" US school teachers draw so much, I see, on work like this by Kathy Kelly and many others--who give us the shining lights, the illumination in the darkness to see what we all are capable of, and it isn't rocket science. No, it isn't rocket science, it's the science of love, compassion, truth, and transitioning out of war and genocide towards democracy and community. Cheers for the peacemakers, in Afghanistan and Wisconsin and everywhere!