Home | About | Donate

Let the Prayer Continue

Let the Prayer Continue

Robert C. Koehler

“. . . may all members be mindful that the institutions and structures of our great nation guarantee the opportunities that have allowed some to achieve great success, while others continue to struggle. May their efforts these days guarantee that there are not winners and losers under new tax laws but benefits balanced and shared by all Americans.”

Just like the scared soldier in the foxhole, the writer is driven to prayer in his desperation to survive.

Nobody is going to help us but ourselves. There is no way to avoid what is coming. There will be no savior.

For which we will need thought…

Beautifully expressed by Mr. Koehler!

Enough! Enough war. Enough torture. Enough “collateral damage”. Enough refugees. Enough of the use of never- ending violence. Enough racism. Enough sexism. Enough
greed. Enough poverty. Enough inequality. Enough of treating the Earth and its Oceans
as a convenient sewer. Enough guns. Enough xenophobia.

These things solve nothing! They can only make things worse. They are the problem.

gee, i hope my reply here is not as jumbled as my mind feels these days!

“. . . may all members be mindful that the institutions and structures of our great nation guarantee the opportunities that have allowed some to achieve great success, while others continue to struggle. May their efforts these days guarantee that there are not winners and losers under new tax laws but benefits balanced and shared by all Americans.”

“These words freaked out Ron Paul.” that’s the ironic thing about religion. since a 1950 act of congress the u.s pledge of allegiance says, “one nation under God,” but whose god? religions meant to unite humanity as one family often become the excuse for war. maybe that’s why the framers of our constitution advised a secular government. so, why does the house of representative need a chaplain? is the house a christian body and more specifically a catholic organization? does this office of chaplain derive from a sincere desire to seek first “the will of god” or to create a pious image for public consumption? and why does the cedars a secretive d.c. meeting place for powerful politicians exist? we the people know little of what takes place there.

“is torture moral?” this question was asked yesterday during the gina haspel confirmation hearings. dear gina hemmed and hawed at that one obviously confusing legality and morality. yesterday, i read articles and watched several videos and discussions about the hearing, democracy now!, the real news network and rt aired similar broadcasts. a couple of articles i read pointed to a survey finding that 2/3 of our fellow citizens believe torture can be a useful tactic. during the hearings former cia agent and whistle blower, 79 year old ray mcgovern was dragged from the room and wrestled to the ground by several young guards. during the tussle ray’s let shoulder was dislocated and he was arrested and charged with resisting arrest. gee, back during the 2008 primaries, ray had a similar problem during a hillary clinton speech. then he simply stood up and turned his back on hillary. then too the over zealous guards injured mcgovern. last evening i tuned in nbc’s evening news just to see ihow lester holt covered the confirmation hearings and if he reported about ray mcgovern. nope! not a word! no mention at all of the hearings!

A practical way to express remorse over past and present U.S.A. injury and killing of people is to donate to a U.S. 501c3 charity which provides food, water, shelter and medical supplies to victims: Life for Relief and Development, PO Box 236 Southfield, Michigan. http://www.lifeusa.org

It seems that “over-zealous” is pretty much a common feature among those who wear uniforms and weapons. It’s bad, and getting worse.

yes, i agree! but the purpose is to intimidate and we have to show no fear. that confuses them.

an earlier motto for the TSA was [“Dominate! Intimidate! Control!”]

the “authoratives” learn not to greet the public with a smile. in fact they tend to initiate hostilities.

In scientific terms instead of religious ones, conservatives kill us off when their superstitions forbid us to practice birth control and we destroy biodiversity. Its one of nature’s overpopulation controls.

In the Christian faith , unconditional love is seen as of the four loves that being affection, frienship, eros and empathy. All of these are alien to the 1 percent and those that run the US Government and those Oligarchys around the world.

The only thing they see as being UNCONDITIONAL , is your unconditional submission to their power and unconditional surrender.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were “taught” what unconditional surrender meant , as Haiti was taught , and Libya and now Syria and Iran. As is every black man gunned down by the police for “resisting arrest” or having a burned out tailight. As are those peoples sleeping under bridges because there is no money to house them even as a trillion dollars a year spent on the Military and even as 14 trillion was spent to bail out the banks.

Even as they bray out words like “Freedom” the jackasses that they are, they only seek to enslave everyone and turn everyone and everything into their PROPERTY.