Home | About | Donate

Let Them Melt Snow

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2021/02/18/let-them-melt-snow

8 Likes

No comment yet??? Cruz was like " I’m a Senator-what can I do" ???Well Tx you get what you vote for--------I am not a big fan of Beto—but somehow I think Beto would be going crazy helping people—in fact I think that is exactly what he is doing.

Cruz hid behind the kids excuse------The kids wanted to go to Cancun -??? Next week the kids want to go to Paris hey Ted???

9 Likes

And yet there will be enough Qpublicans to re-elect him next time around. Between gerrymandering, voter suppression and just plain stupid Q voters, whatever is left of this country will be slowly falling into a cesspool of hate. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

9 Likes

If I were a cartoonist for The Houston Chronicle, I would depict Cruz as the first mate on the Titanic jumping ship on the first lifeboat.

7 Likes

And the real stupids are ok with this jerk.

7 Likes

Yep, because there are too many Hollow Men (and Women) running and ruining the U.S.

8 Likes

I lived and worked in Cancun, Mexico and I can tell you it is very beautiful but also very expensive. Ted said he went to Cancun because his daughters requested that they get out of the cold in Houston, Texas. Shows how selfish and heartless the Cruz family must be. Millions suffering in the cold in Houston, Texas and Ted you have no compassion. SHAME ON YOU!

4 Likes

Classic Tea Party/Libertarian move. “I’ve got mine, fuck you!” By returning, he admitted he knew he had messed up his chances to win the next election unless he pushes the family values meme hard. That he sacrificed his own pleasure and comfort so the kids could play in the playground of the 1%.
We’ll see what shakes out from this mess. Tornado and hurricane seasons are coming soon; with a weakened power grid how well will Texas fare then? Stay tuned…

14 Likes

Thank you for saying that. That is exactly how the Gross Old Party operates. They will step on the necks of those who have nothing.

13 Likes

Texas is the new Puerto Rico, according to the GOP – let them recover by pulling on their own snowboots, with no help from their own state & Federal government officials. But those same officials continue to expect their paychecks & perks to go on without any interruptions!!

8 Likes

Anyone know who the two wide loads in the beach collage are supposed to be?

1 Like

My fav in this piece is the poster with the description of his facial hair: weird.

You gotta admit he’s on the style pulse. If nothing else.

1 Like

…because they’ve already picked the victim’s pocket.

Chris Christie and his spouse?

3 Likes

I do not begrudge Cruz going on vacation. I do however object him doing so when HIS CONSTITUENTS are suffering like they are. Vacations can be delayed or cancelled. His constituents do not have the luxury of waiting. Beto lost the election yet has done more than Cruz. The “stolen election” gambit aided in what transpired on 1-6 in DC. What will Cruz do next that will NOT benefit his constituents? The right-wing mouthpieces are already saying you, the voter, will forget about this before the next election. DON’T LET IT HAPPEN!!!

3 Likes

Where were the other Texas pols? I can’t imagine that he was the only one. Self-service is what Congress does. It’s nice to cover a political story about the reality of Congressional commitment to the public welfare.

1 Like

Sounds right.

1 Like

Oh Texas! Once again, just like Florida, you chose the wrong man as your Senator.