Home | About | Donate

'Let Us Go Forward Together': In Campaign Farewell Video, Sanders Calls on Movement to Carry on Struggle for Vision That Lifts Up All People

Why oh why does Bernie think Joe Biden is his friend? Bernie, you have done a lot of good, but believe me…JOE BIDEN IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!

3 Likes

There is no “together” with the DINO corporate-whore DNC clinton/obama wing, only their way or the highway!

There is some rationale to defeating the trump regime of death and destruction - another 4 years and we are all fucked without a reach-around - before we defeat the DINO/biden sellouts of our politics!

I will not fault Bernie’s decision given the pandemic, idiot primary voters, and other factors - I do very much fault the idiot sheep voters in South Carolina that bought the biden/clinton propaganda BS and their sold-out Judas Goat leaders to turn a Sanders candidacy into a biden sellout!At least the secont tiem they screwed us and themselves serving the DINO party establishment!

The only way to change the dynamic or oust the entrenched DINO corporate neoliberals is to form a new party regardless the supposed difficulty, DINO propaganda, and history of third parties - that is old history and, I beklieve may be different today.

“Forward together” - with who exactly?? That “together” implies some give and take, but the DNC wing is all take from progressives and only give to the Republican/trump regime and themselves, NOT progressives/Independents and the issues that benefit the Common Good rather than the filthy-rich, bankers, wall street, the war machine, and corporate polluter,s and insurance/big-pharma parasites!!

“Forward together”? BS! Smother the DINO corporate sellouts in their damn beds - the betrayals have become way too much, way too fuckin long, beginning (at least) with the clintons, into obama, and very much including status quo joe! Screw those SOB MoFos and begin a new party!!

4 Likes

That goes for me also even though I said a year ago that the DNC, just like they did in 2016 with HRC would do the same thing in 2020 with Joe. But the travesty is this: JUST LIKE THE CORRUPTION OF THE DNC IN 2016 HELPED TO ELECT TRUMP…IT COULD BE A REPEAT IN 2020!

4 Likes

Bernie says that “the struggle continues,” but he doesn’t say where or when. The answer is Maine and now. Lisa Savage is running on the Green Party ticket for the US Senate seat now occupied by Susan Collins. A Senate seat isn’t as glamorous or powerful as the Presidency, but it’s nothing to sneeze at, with or without covid-19. A Senate term is six years, and a seat in a closely divided Senate would give progressives much more influence than they usually have. There’s no sense in waiting four years for the next Presidential election when this Senatorial opportunity is available today.

The Maine Senate election gives progressives a rare opportunity for success for a few reasons. First, incumbent Susan Collins may be vulnerable because of her support for now-Justice Brett Kavanaugh, even though she easily won re-election six years ago. Second, Maine uses Ranked Choice Voting for federal elections, so voters can make Lisa their first choice and make the Democrat their second choice without fear of “wasting” their votes. Third, Maine is a small and compact state, so running a campaign isn’t prohibitively expensive, and if progressives nationwide concentrated their support on this race, Lisa and the Green Party could easily become more competitive than ever before - and even win! The key is to educate voters about the Green Party and get them to make her their first choice. (That means money, volunteer time, and spreading the word.) Those three factors won’t occur again anytime soon, so progressives must seize this opportunity.

This race won’t get the nationwide attention that a Presidential race gets, and even if it did, the msm would ignore the Green Party candidate. To win, progressives will have to spread the word on our own. A win would be worth the effort because it would be a huge advance for the Green Party, for its platform, and for Ranked Choice Voting.

The Presidential choices for November are now fixed. Discussing Bernie’s campaign is fun, but when we discuss it, we’re historians, not activists. The struggle requires us to be activists, too.

Lisa’s website is ~www.LisaforMaine.org

7 Likes

The only answer it seems to me, is I have no answer now that Bernie is out. With Biden it will never be us…JUST THEM!

3 Likes

I wish that Bernie would lend his donor list to Lisa Savage in Maine - but the COPS would certainly arrest him (figuratively, but effectively) if he did.

[COPS = the Clinton-Obama-Pelosi-Schumer gang]

3 Likes

Let us go forward and back Biden?

3 Likes

he needs to refund that money. much of it came from people who didn’t have much to give in the first place.

it would be disgraceful keeping that cash after this long con.

3 Likes

Bernie could unsuspend his campaign and spend the remaining money on issue ads in a place like Kentucky. The ads would ostensibly be about issues, but they could be designed in a way that attacks Mitch McConnell and supports McConnell’s opponent.

That may be dirty pool, but Mitch deserves it.

3 Likes

He knows that! What was he supposed to have said, “that fascist schmuck, Biden?” He probably edits out in his head all manner of expletives to be able to work with the fascist schmuck members of the DNC establishment on legislation in the Senate, where he does the best he can to shoehorn in progressive actions to otherwise crap bills. This is the unfortunate “reality” of his situation.

2 Likes

Compared to the abuse McConnell has wreaked on the land and the people here in Kentucky over some 40 years, it’s not “dirty” at all—he does indeed deserve it!

1 Like

Mentoring into existence a new Progressive Party is something Bernie may have already begun, with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez—see AOC’s “Courage for Change” project.

3 Likes

Yes I agree (on both)

1 Like

I’m more or less with you that Bernie could have done better on on the M4A messaging front. There were studies (most people here know of the PERI studies, not sure if this is the best start page, but e.g. ~https://www.peri.umass.edu/publication/item/1127-economic-analysis-of-medicare-for-all), but in my mind what people want to know is what is it going to cost THEM. On that front Jimmy Dore is right - that simple table that showed an estimate of total tax burden on a family as a function of family income - that needed to be HAMMERED at every debate - heck put it on a piece of paper he could pull out of his jacket and unfold and tell everybody watching the debate that this is all they need to look at to know how good it will be for their financial picture (on yearly family income, everybody south of 150k pays less, north of 1 million pays more, and in between it may be close and you can dig into details to see where you might fall).

2 Likes

That would not be tactful, but in my opinion calling Biden " a good friend" which is anathema to everything Bernie stands for is hypocritical…to say the least!

2 Likes

sure, he could, but so could the DNC, who apparently is not especially supporting this candidate. makes one almost suspect that the Pelosi mafia likes working with ol’ Mitch.

3 Likes

Apparently Hartmann is.

Happend to be in the car during part of Hartmann’s show today. As usual, he cut off a guy that was saying that the Dem leadership was part of the problem and that he had no faith that they would evern try to finx any of this. Then Hartmann tried to put a happy spin on Biden’s proposal to lower the Medicare age to 60 and dragged Bernie in to it by saying Bernie had talking about lowering the age requirement by 10 years.
I changed the channel. I can’t stand listening to that guy any more make excuses and cover and pretend that the Dem leadership is blameless.

The Democrat Party’s new motto

We’re The Party of marginal improvement

Vote for Us we’re not as bad as the Republicans

6 Likes

As it turns out, Bernie didn’t run a serious campaign. He campaigned hard, but he was so concerned with getting along with the Democratic Party and not being too harshly criticized by the media (which did anyway) that he utterly neglected to point out why Biden is so abysmal, and he kept saying Biden could beat Trump and is a good guy, when Biden most definitely is not.

The DNC elites’ main concern was to make sure that Bernie didn’t become president. Now that they succeeded in that, they don’t care if Trump wins again and becomes dictator. All they wanted was anyone but a true leader for the people and planet to be nominated.

3 Likes

Haven’t listened to Hartmann for years – but it was where originally I would
listen to Bernie Sanders and “discovered” him. So for that, “he done good.”

Love your new Dem Party motto –

We’re The Party of marginal improvement

Vote for Us we’re not as bad as the Republicans

3 Likes

Unfortunately, not familiar with Lisa Savage in Maine –
will watch out for the name.
The DCCC and Pelosi haunt me for money – and they don’t seem
to read the return emails I send them!!!

All Pelosi has to do to win this election is announce that the DP and all members
will no longer take corporate/Elite money. Or nominate BERNIE SANDERS!!

3 Likes