Home | About | Donate

"Let's Go Back Eight Weeks": Off-the-Rails, Lie-Spewing Trump Pleads for Election Do-Over at DC Rally

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/01/06/lets-go-back-eight-weeks-rails-lie-spewing-trump-pleads-election-do-over-dc-rally

1 Like

“I want to go back eight weeks,” Trump said to cheers from his fans. “Let’s go back eight weeks.”

Yes, by all means, because I did not cheat good enough eight weeks ago!

3 Likes

Guaranteed, like hell!

“weak” and “pathetic” - more projection from the orange stain

3 Likes

2:20 PM CNN to 2:26 PM
protestors get past barricades and are on the steps and porch of capitol building.
CHAOS, danger, and now an alert to Staff, told to hide in offices.
I told ya so.
The DC police and park police cannot control a large crowd. The added 115 unarmed
national guard assigned are also over whelmed.
There are thousands of protestors at capitol.
Other steps, police show up.
not confirmed, if some protestors got into 2nd floor of senate.
Tense, scary.
inside statuary hall right now at 2:28PM

1 Like

Try and imagine, for just a second, how this thing would have gone down if a black man led a large group of armed black protestors on to the capital steps and attempted to access the senate or house chambers.
Oh, you can’t imagine it can you? That’s because it would never have been allowed.

6 Likes

As far as I am concerned< Trump can invite them all in for a beer.

2 Likes

Good point!

1 Like

I’m with Trump on this one. I want a do-over…but from the PRIMARIES! We know that the DNC stole the Primaries unfairly and we now see what Biden really is. Let’s do a real election with real choices and not what the Media decides. Let’s have real counted votes, not machine counted votes and verified elections like other democracies in the world. How about it? This is how we get Sanders and NOT Biden OR Trump…Let’s go USA!!!

7 Likes

I seem to remember something about a recorded phone call that contained proof of election tampering and which justified impeachment and prosecution plus conviction in both venues. That recording has dropped out of the news, and no one is talking about any repercussions against the perpetrator. Where did it go? Was I dreaming - or is Nancy giving her bff a free pass?

5 Likes

Sounds like a Republican talking point.

1 Like

Trump and the republicans cheated like never before and still lost. Ouch!

6 Likes

Ah ha, now that’s a good question.

1 Like

I’m watching it on aljazeera live. It’s all theatrics. The protesters look like a school outing bunch. There is hardly any police and now national guard has arrived but just seem to be standing round talking. It’s pathetic really.

8 Likes

Exactly. They are inside the capitol and there are guide ropes erected like a grand tour of Versailles. :))

2 Likes

i agree with that … the whole political system is just so corrupt … the UN should come in and monitor our elections … the OLIGARCHY always wins … Sanders was robbed 2 election cycles in a row … THE MEDIA DEFENDS THE ESTABLISHMENT ALWAYS

2 Likes

Well, there are some real questions about the Sanders
“independence”, so to say.

Trump cannot be trusted with the English language. His recent twisted flip flop is now that enough people have referred to his CHILDISH behaviors, he is saying some of his detractors are being childish. This is the latest, with who has been committing fraud on the people, the one we hear every day.
14 days left for the liar-in-chief.

2 Likes

“This is a coup”
Mr. Ramsey, former DC police chief
CNN
"Incited by Trump, who implied he would join them at the capital.

Sec’y of Army could have assigned active duty, experienced soldiers, who would have been
there half hour ago and cleared out the crowd.
It is not going to occur without violence.
Tear Gas clouds a few times observed outside.

A sad day in american history.
The protestors should be wary of arrest and / a rookie soldier.

1 Like

Why isn’t that fat fuck leading his troops?. Oh I forgot, he’s just a fuckin grifter

6 Likes