Home | About | Donate

Letter to Loretto

Letter to Loretto

John Kiriakou

John Kiriakou is a former CIA officer. Back in 2007, he became the first U.S. government official to confirm — and condemn — the practice of torture by CIA interrogators.

After a drawn-out legal battle, federal authorities convicted Kiriakou of leaking classified information and handed down a prison sentence. He remains the only U.S. official to serve time following the revelation of the CIA’s “enhanced interrogation” practices.

Mr. Kiriakou got to step into a live Kafka Novel and live to tell it! I hope he makes a fortune on the resulting expose; and I also hope that his incisive exposures embarrass power enough to shift this ridiculous system of punishments designed to force people to fail so that it can incarcerate them all over again.

The Big Brother state is not kind to those who show what it's up to!

Yes, and by "some of the privatizers" I hope that you mean their senior management as well as the public officials who sealed the deals with them!!!

I've been successfully fighting the for-profit prison system for 20 years. I'm happy to say that I sent one of the private providers to federal prison in which system he was joined by some of his erstwhile crooked "partners."

The biggest crooks in the for-profit prison system are the multimillionaire executives who run them.

Yes, some of the "partner" execs, and legislators, as well as a lobbyist, went to jail also.