Home | About | Donate

Libya 2.0? US Aistrikes Target ISIS in Chaotic Nation

Libya 2.0? US Aistrikes Target ISIS in Chaotic Nation

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

The United States on Friday conducted air strikes in Libya, a country described as having "all but collapsed" since the NATO military intervention there five years ago.

Local officials say that at least 40 people were killed from the strikes in the early morning, with others critically wounded, new agencies report. The location of the strike was a reported Islamic State training camp in the northern Libyan city of Sabratha.

NATO= North Atlantic Terrorist Organization. That is the proper acronym!

Nuclear Armed Terrorist Organization

And the destruction, killing, maiming and profiteering continues from beyond range.

How nice this is. We can bomb any nation we want at any time with absolutely no restrictions as long as we follow international law - the one called Law of the Jungle - where the biggest and baddest can do whatever they want. Such is progress.

I guess there was a large stockpile of unused bombs to be dropped on people and infrastructure, and defense contractors that need new contracts to replace the bombs now exploding.

Trillions for war and death, and little for the civilian priorities, the things that make a nation truly strong.....

Also, i wish media, especially critical media, would stop using such sanitizing phrases as "conducted airstrikes" (or air strikes, or aistrikes as the comment headline reads...).

Report the actual bombs that were dropped, and the effects they have when they explode.

Well-Said--So True.

For the casual observer this airstrike and previous ones seem almost aggressively stupid in that they attract more recruits to the ISIS cause.. However, the pattern is clear. U.S. elites need an enemy
to justify all the steps necessary to maintain their empire. This recent calculated move
makes perfect (albeit obscene) sense given that context.

One more note re: the headline:

"US Bombs Destabilized Nation" can be read in two, accurate, ways:

The US is bombing the destabilized nation;
The US bombs destabilized the nation.

Mrs. Minitrue has often said that one of the problems here in the US Fourth Reich is that the people have developed what she calls the National Inquirer mentality.
* Reading the above article reminded me of a passage in Orwell's 1984. He has just begun writing in his diary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Suddenly he began writing in sheer panic, only imperfectly aware of what he was setting down. His small but childish handwriting straggled up and down the page, shedding first its capital letters and finally even its full stops:
April 4th, 1984. Last night to the flicks. All war films. One very good one of a ship full of refugees being bombed somewhere in the Mediterranean. Audience much amused by shots of a great huge fat man trying to swim away with a helicopter after him, first you saw him wallowing along in the water like a porpoise, then you saw him through the helicopters gunsights, then he was full of holes and the sea round him turned pink and he sank as suddenly as though the holes had let in the water, audience shouting with laughter when he sank. then you saw a lifeboat full of children with a helicopter hovering over it. there was a middle-aged woman might have been a jewess sitting up in the bow with a little boy about three years old in her arms. little boy screaming with fright and hiding his head between her breasts as if he was trying to burrow right into her and the woman putting her arms round him and comforting him although she was blue with fright herself, all the time covering him up as much as possible as if she thought her arms could keep the bullets off him. then the helicopter planted a 20 kilo bomb in among them terrific flash and the boat went all to matchwood. then there was a wonderful shot of a child’s arm going up up up right up into the air a helicopter with a camera in its nose must have followed it up and there was a lot of applause from the party seats but a woman down in the prole part of the house suddenly started kicking up a fuss and shouting they didnt oughter of showed it not in front of kids they didnt it aint right not in front of kids it aint until the police turned her turned her out i dont suppose anything happened to her nobody cares what the proles say typical prole reaction they never——
[George Orwell's 1984, pp 11-12]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At that point, Winston stopped writing. It was almost time for him to start his shift at the Ministry of Truth, rewriting history to agree with what the government said had happened.
* When 1984 first came out, many people could see the handwriting on the wall, but we were laughed at. "That couldn't happen here!" "This is a democracy!" "Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union, but not here!"
* The book, and the year, are long past, but much of what was written then has come to pass. How much more will we see? How many millions more will die?
* Or, perhaps, will We the People of the World finally rise up and say "Enough!" and make it so?
;-})

It also needs to be said who runs this terrorist organization. NATO is under the control of the United States and we are under the control of the Israelis.
Israel wants all the land from the Mediterranean to the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers that 'god' gave to them. All this carnage and billions of dollars of American tax funds goes to serve the growth of New World Order of the Zionists.

I am a 'goyim' (not Jewish, considered by Jews to be less than human) and I do not want the United States to continue blowing up the whole middle east while here in the "homeland" we suffer the collapse of our civil rights and our standard of living. I want our tax funds to be used for the needs of our nation, not to bomb every Muslim nation into rubble.

The USA has bombed itself back to the Stone Age. It has become a delinquent Stone Age teenager throwing rocks at all and sundry. However, Stone Age cultures had a way of dealing with delinquent young men; a spear through the leg was one practice. I suppose that is what the International Criminal Court of Justice is for...............

Never mind some dopey Tunisian believed to have facilitated this or that. It was Obama who signed off on destroying yet another Muslim nation when Libya was torched. He has directly facilitated all the death and destruction in many other countries that followed from that one foolish and ignorant action!

This policy of the rule of the jungle, instead of the rule of law. Mixed in with thousands of Nuclear bombs. Is leading us right into Nuclear annihilation

Does it bother, concern, or otherwise make others cringe each time we hear someone thanking members of the U.S. military for their service? Americans as a rule, don't think of themselves as citizens of a country that engages in wars of aggression, even though this has happened many times, is also the worst war crime according to international law, with Iraq in 03 and 91 being only two examples. Were the U.S. military and civilian leadership brought before the world court as Germany of 1945 was for war crimes, following orders would not be a defense that would work, as the Principles established at Nuremberg are considered International Law by that court as I mentioned. The latest war against Syria also happens to be an undeclared and illegal one and for the most part, Americans are unaware it's even going on. I know it won't happen anytime soon, but a reduction in military spending large enough it would force the closings of the over 1,000 American military bases outside U.S. borders would save a huge number of lives and until that happens, I suppose the status quo as mentioned above will continue to plague us, adversely affecting us and many others around the globe.

International Court of Justice is a bad joke. The Viet Nam war criminals were never prosecuted. Reafan, Nixon, Bush, Bush, Obama and Hillary along with Kissinger walk free while innocent people rot in jail. Justice is really blind. She needs to open her eyes.

the orchestrated chaos of the u.s. policy of institutionalized chaos , or as kind-a-liar rice said, "it's time to re-do the middle east." and it needs to be noted that the targets of us. overthrow have been the only 3 secular governments in the region--iraq, libya, and syria.

Yes, NATO is nothing but a proxy terror organization to support the Amerikan Empire.

No, the ICJ is not a badd joke; those who don't support it are.