Home | About | Donate

Like a 'Gas Chamber': Hazardous Smog Leaves New Delhi Choking for Over a Week

Like a 'Gas Chamber': Hazardous Smog Leaves New Delhi Choking for Over a Week

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Protesters hit the streets and emergency measures were rolled out as alarming levels of air pollution have left residents of India's capital gasping for fresh air for more than a week.

"It's been a nightmare," said Delhi resident Tara Chowdhry to Reuters. "My toddler and I woke up from a nap coughing as if pepper had been sprinkled on our throats."

Fantastic that the zero population growth (ZPG) movement (that gained much momentum when I was in college during the late 60s) was taboo to mention by the time Saint Ronny's revolution accelerated in the 80s.

In the great race to become the world's most populace nation, and the power house of manufacturing there is a prize. Multiply like rabbits, supply unlimited cheap labor, and you win!

Wow, where's the empathy for the people, however many there are?

Once again it is fossil fuel profits instead of people's health or that of our environment. Look at how bad (unhealthy) our fossil fuel interests will let it get in the single minded pursuit of profits. They will continue delaying the change over from fossil fuels as long as possible even if people are being harmed.