Home | About | Donate

Likeliest Outcome of Tax Reform is a Deficit-Financed Tax Cut for the Rich That Will Expire in a Decade

Likeliest Outcome of Tax Reform is a Deficit-Financed Tax Cut for the Rich That Will Expire in a Decade

Hunter Blair

Undeterred by their failure to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Republicans look set to move on to the next item in Paul Ryan’s “Better Way” agenda—tax reform. This post helps set the stage for the upcoming tax reform debate and explains why “tax reform” will in the end likely just become a deficit-financed tax cut for the rich and corporations that expires in 10 years—a decade of free money for groups that don’t really need it and a problem for policymakers to deal with in the future.

Before they introduce any tax reform bill, all Senators and Representatives as well as the president should be required to release their tax returns to the public, and all campaign contributions to candidates and to PAC's need to be made public identifying the amount and the contributor.

Wow! One of the best analyses of the current, totally f*cked up, Congressional processes I've read in a long time!

I was thinking the same thing as I read this , I'm glad you said it