Home | About | Donate

'Listen Up, America': Actress Shailene Woodley Calls on Public to Join Dakota Access Fight

'Listen Up, America': Actress Shailene Woodley Calls on Public to Join Dakota Access Fight

Nika Knight, staff writer

After actress Shailene Woodley's October 10 arrest for participating in a prayer action against the Dakota Access Pipeline went viral among her fans, the Divergent series star issued an impassioned plea to the American public to pay attention instead to the Native-American-led fight for water and land.

You go girl!

Shailene might just make a good senator. She appears to have both a heart and a brain able to think critically.

She was on Redacted Tonight VIP awhile ago and was impressively articulate. She's a young woman of substance - looking forward to more political leadership from her!

Are Woodley's fans are aware that the only POTUS candidate to support the standoff (also being arrested) is Jill Stein ? No other candidate has even mentioned the standoff.

Hopefully Woodley's action creates more than just Facebook likes and postings, and translates into votes for the only candidate who is part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Why aren't the people who lease their land to pipeline companies, and/or fracking companies being shamed by us?
Who owns the parcels of land is public information available from the county.
Shaming should be a cost of selling out to Corporations. If those people want to make a few bucks by leasing their land, part of their cost should be being shamed by the rest of us.

Shailene (great name)---now who is this? I do not watch TV. And even now I don't have to in order to be a fan of hers.

..."Listen up, America," Woodley commanded. "The Dakota Access Pipeline, my friends, is not another time to ignore, mistreat and turn a blind eye to Native Americans."

Shailene, Thanks for the article and your participation in the no DAPL effort. This needs to go viral on Facebook with a request for people to send contributions to help with logistics for the water protectors to maintain their "stop the pipeline" presence and survive the winter; and, to pay the legal costs of defense for those who have and will be arrested. Come on people this is an opportunity to rally enmasse' and stop this pipeline along with turning back the expansion of fossil fuel development everywhere! If we cannot be there in presence then make your feelings known with presents. Now is the time to say NO MORE POISONOUS FOSSIL FUEL ENERGY will be tolerated.

Shailene is my hero! When I first saw her tied to NoOnDAPL I said I should know who she is. Then it hit: the older sister in Descendants, with George Clooney. How appropriate that she is so passionate at Native Rights!
Keep it up Shailene: you are a wonderful voice for this cause, there with other of your ilk,

All part of the Great Change, The People Rising...Get on board!

Shailene Woodley calls on public to join DAPL fight. Thank you Shailene!

The future headline that I would just love to see:
DAKOTA ACCESS PIPELINE DEFEATED AT STANDING ROCK!