Home | About | Donate

'Literally Insane': Trump Takes Credit for Absence of Fatal Commercial Airline Crashes in 2017

'Literally Insane': Trump Takes Credit for Absence of Fatal Commercial Airline Crashes in 2017

Common Dreams staff

"You know Trump is a sicko when he takes credit for no aviation deaths instead of crediting pilots, airlines, transportation safety & air traffic control! What an arrogant, self absorbed egomaniacal little twit!"

I am dumb-struck…okay…he most likely is very ill…which will it be? the blue pill or the red pill? for me, not him…

That-who-shall-not-be-named is a narcissistic psychopathic megalomaniac who can’t not be the center of attention!

So, given rump’s line of logic, I should blame him for the accident I had with a power tool last summer.
Its all rump’s fault!!!

ENOUGH SAID!

From the CD article:

‘Apparently unable to let a piece of good news go unclaimed as a direct result of his leadership, President Donald Trump on Tuesday morning took credit for the news that 2017 was reported as the safest year in the history of commercial air travel.’

But of course, the President didn’t do any such thing. More yellow journalism fro CD!
Apparently, he wrote:

‘Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!’

Which is hopelessly at odds with the CD claim.

Looks pretty black and white to me quoting sources and all.

I Must be missing something, please explain why you think this is yellow journalism?

Trumps base will believe it. We laugh at him while he has fifty million rednecks who would die for him.

The almighty DJT and his insane hubris are nauseating. When he has finished removing regulations including those pertaining to air safety (FAA), pilot qualifications, aircraft maintenance; defunding airport infrastructure (runways, towers, etc.) while arm-twisting to get a GD wall built…should manifest in any number of incidents in air and on land. Then he will blame everyone else.

How many presidents in the past have donned a bill cap with their campaign slogan emblazoned on the front along with the number of their presidency embroidered on the side? How much more proof is needed: DJT is not only mentally/intellectually/emotionally unfit for office, his abuse of power of that office has been ongoing since day one. Like Nixon before him, DJT is his own worst enemy (and he does not have anywhere near the intellect that Nixon had). And Pence then Ryan are no prizes. Dems have to take over the Senate and House in 2018 before our nation, government, and democracy are irretrievably dismantled.

Ditton wrote:

Looks pretty black and white to me quoting sources and all.’

If you truly feel that saying the following:

“Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!”

is taking credit for the above statistic, I urge you to rethink your feelings.

Shantiananda wrote:

‘I Must be missing something, please explain why you think this is yellow journalism.’

Simply because the CD claim that the President took credit for the statistic in question, is not supported by the article.

It’s all about “Me.”

CD is quoting tweets where others have thought he was taking credit. It isn’t about feelings, it’s about reading what is in print.

It’s pretty clear Trump is “taking credit” for something he had nothing to do with. Otherwise the nattering nabob of narcissism wouldn’t have brought it up to begin with. As the article clearly states, there has been no fatal commercial american airline disasters since 2009. Trump makes up this shit to feed his ego.

Thanks.

It comes with the use of " I ". Since …I have…

Those aren’t " rednecks " he has put in power.

Ditton wrote:

‘CD is quoting tweets where others have thought he was taking credit. It isn’t about feelings, it’s about reading what is in print.’

No doubt CD can check dozens and dozens of tweets, and find 3 that make the same false claim made by CD. But clearly, the President did not take credit for the zero-mortality statistic. He merely said “Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation.”.

No it isn’t. What an incredible irony that is too…