Home | About | Donate

Live: Arrests of Trumpcare Protesters, Some in Wheelchairs, Outside McConnell's Office

Live: Arrests of Trumpcare Protesters, Some in Wheelchairs, Outside McConnell's Office

Common Dreams staff

Soon after a draft version of the Republican's Senate version of their Trumpcare care bill was released Thursday morning, Capitol Hill Police were systematically arresting people who staged a dramatic sit-in outside of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's office.

Security is quite literally dragging people away from outside McConnell's office pic.twitter.com/70uJ4P88rS

Capital Security in action – Our First Amendment being stamped out, live on T-V and here on CD for your viewing pleasure . . .

Dictatorship 1, Constitution 0.

We should make McConnell's life a living hell every day. A horrible, immoral, vacuous person and he'll push this monstrosity though in outright authoritarian fashion. What he is doing will result in people dying, and he shouldn't be able to get away with it without making every step he takes uncomfortable. Rat bastard.

"Trumpcare" is an oxymoron.
What is wrong with us?

We can't allow republicans to "burn down the house" by ripping apart healthcare. Call your Senators at (855) 971-1922. If they are republicans, demand that they vote NO on this bill. If they are democrats demand they slow down and withhold consent on Senate business to draw public attention to this atrocious bill.

Republican "healthcare" in action. Militarize police, remove public protest from 'rights and freedoms', and engage privatization of "public" servants. ALL THIRTEEN of McConnell's 'selectees' authoring this tax avoidance-health insurance guarantee act are beneficiaries of the Supreme Court's CITIZENS-DISINFRANCHISED decision. Money `talks ... and whispers 'sweet nothings'.

What do you call a person who knowingly and willingly commits an act that results in the death of another human? I know what I call it---murder! This bill is pure evil. From now on, I am going to use these terms when referring to the AHCA and those who promote and vote for it.

When it affects a large defined group I think the term is genocide, euthanasia also comes to mind too.

If you haven't already called your senators please to so now and object. A big shout out of support for those people that won't be ignored and put themselves to the heart of the matter. Thank you!

Pitchforks Anyone ?

Add to that, total, Gandhian non cooperation.

I call the AHCA what it is: The Death Act. There is not a bit of "care" in the executioner's writ.

It took tremendous effort and planning for these brave members of ADAPT to accomplish their protest. I applaud them for their strength of purpose, courage, and exceptional character! BRAVO!

As for the thugs (Capitol cops) that man-handled and abused them, you are loathsome and inhumane.

I'm glad folks are helping McConnell feel some heat. Guy deserves it.

What I can't figure out is what kind of scum-sucking bastard would stoop so low as to take healthcare away from millions and give the money saved to use as a huge tax break for people who, by definition, don't need it? What would you give to punch that smirking, turtle-faced son of a bitch right in his face?

What in the hell is wrong with the Republican Party and many in the Democratic Party? This direction that the people of this country are being pulled to is EXACTLY the wrong direction.

Anyone who voted Republican last election is an idiot. You could see this coming. Any one who still supports Trump and his GOP supporters is a traitor, a treasonous bastard, to the principles and values of the United States of America. I mean the values outside of the random, wanton murder of men, women and children in geographic locations that our government, Dems and Repub, don't like and feel free to do anything they want.

YES! Excellent post...thank you.

As stated in the other article, McConnell will now accept input from CORPORATE lobbyists.

Uh, the Democratic Party enacted the largest expansion of public support for healthcare since 1966. They expanded Medicaid and created publicly funded premium supports for the purchase of private health insurance, insurance that they federally guaranteed and increased regulation over. This was done by raising taxes on the rich too.

Now, that may not be what you wanted, but it is certainly far from dismantling Medicaid and wrecking premium supports that benefit millions just to massively cut taxes for the wealthy. Let the MSM push both-sides-do-itism, that's one of the reasons we are where we are right now.

Make mine a Rocket Launcher!

Yes, and the Democrats helped the Insurance Industry to make Billions when they knew this was unsustainable, rather than pushing legislation for a Medicare for All system which this country needs and could save $700 Billion a year to boot.

The Democratic Party Establishment will never willingly be a party the masses can trust ever again.

Liars the lot of them.

Jack, Never again vote for a Democrat or Republican for any State or National office.

Seek Greener pastures my friend.

People, Planet, and Peace over Profit!