Home | About | Donate

Live From Tulsa: Trump Is a Hideous Lying Pathetic Clown

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/06/22/live-tulsa-trump-hideous-lying-pathetic-clown

1 Like

Issue is, a big chunk of the country remains behind him. He is who he claimed he was. Rather than hiding behind his shortcomings, let’s try and focus on solving the reasons that made someone like him the best hope for a big chunk of the country.

5 Likes

“I’ll be surprised if Trump gets much of a boost in the polls after this speech. If he does, it’ll be a bad sign. If he doesn’t, we can expect him and the Republicans to become more desperate and more ridiculous with their lies and distractions, and maybe with more repressive actions to justify his militaristic, macho, law-and-order rhetoric.”

He only has his base and those who can profit off of his horrific policy of regulatory abandonment. Those who didn’t like HRC want return for him. Those who will be newly of voting age won’t in any numbers. He has offended many women. Etcetera. Can the Republicans cheat him in? That is the question in my opinion, because I know they will try very hard to do so.

5 Likes

Two reasons:

• A significant section of the populace is racist
  • An even larger section of the populace have no critical thinking skills

Peace.
ths.

4 Likes

Amen!!

I have many Republican, relatives that voted for Trump in 2016 and will vote for Trump again in 2020 and when I tactfully ask them why they continue to support Trump the two most common answers is this:

1. " HE IS NOT A POLITICIAN.
  2. HE IS GREAT FOR THE ECONOMY."
3 Likes

Moderatus’ Alternative Dictionary

Politician - 1. a person who holds an elective office to serve constituents (archaic) 2. a person who virtually owns an elective office to further their personal interests

Lunkhead - 1. a person who makes under $12/hour working part-time without benefits and supports billionaires 2. a person whose miserable circumstances cause them worship the wealthy

2 Likes

Also, I always like the Greek’s definition of politician who invented the word: POLI, meaning many; TICS, meaning blood sucking leeches!

8 Likes

The biggest reason Trump is president is that so much of the country has given up on politics-as-usual as practiced in Washington. Both parties are bleeding membership, independent is the majority political affiliation, not D or R. And with that kind of hunger for a non-traditional “outsider” leader, the d-party ran the quintessential insider, Hillary.

With Washington continuing to fail in the realms of healthcare, endless war, wealth inequality, and corporate ownership of power, the time is ripe for a third party to throw the duopoly off balance.

6 Likes

An empty vindictive article resorting to name calling. What does your boy, Joe, propose Mr Glick? Most likely the same corporate talking points that he spouted for the last 40 years.

1 Like

Watching Liar Trump dancing and wiggling on stage and in his bully pulpit distracts us from focusing on the problem of the rest of the political and media system not adequately functioning in our interest. The truly Hideous Pathetic Clown in the system is each politician who sits in office while neglecting to use the position to fearlessly represent and defend the interests of his/her constituents.

2 Likes

I hear his posse has taken Tom Petty’s Won’t Back Down as Trump’s re-election anthem. And Tom’s family aren’t pleased. In fact, I think I heard the words 'sue you" come up…

4 Likes

OK. You and Paul Krugman go to a bar in Northern Michigan or Wisconsin, take a baseball bat, pound on a table and then stand on it and explain the many benefits of NAFTA, how it will create millions of jobs, when in fact it took away all the good paying jobs of those folks. They are not stupid. The Clintons and Corporate Dems voted with 100% of the Republicans for NAFTA. It was for the Oligarchs to make more and more without end. That is what caused this. Race is handy for the NYT liberals who are really Republicans to claim they are liberal because they are not racist. That way all the economics can be avoided and focus on something apparent and of no threat to Wall Street’s money is made easy.

1 Like

I am not a supporter of NAFTA, nor of Paul Krugman.

Peace.
ths.

2 Likes

Ah, the sage Geoffrey Gorer speaks! typos and all, great job there, keep it up.

1 Like

“Ridicule and satire. That’s a key part of how we should take down this dangerous, pathologically-lying jerk. Donald Trump is a hideous clown.” (last paragraph of the article)

Yes, absolutely.

1 Like

Like his peers Marx and Weber, Durkheim got a lot of things right, but he whiffed on that one. As a pioneer we can forgive him that. His error is akin to that in which the words “necessary” and “sufficient” are conflated: It is true that no tyrant reigns beyond the patience of his subjects. But the state almost by definition suppressess the values and desires of most of its people for the benefit of the elites that rule it. This is the reason we prefer government to rule and the administration to the regime.

tRump, less racist? Thanks for the laugh.

Peace.
ths.

And tRump is the unmatched exemplar of that quote.

Peace.
ths,

Well…the great Obama complained about “all that 60’s music at his rallies”. Maybe they are not what you think.