Home | About | Donate

'Lobbyists Are Here. Goldman Sachs Is Here. Where's Labor?' Tlaib and Ocasio-Cortez Pull Back Curtain on CEO-Heavy Freshman Orientation

'Lobbyists Are Here. Goldman Sachs Is Here. Where's Labor?' Tlaib and Ocasio-Cortez Pull Back Curtain on CEO-Heavy Freshman Orientation

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Pulling back the curtain on the ostensibly "bipartisan" orientation for newly elected members of Congress at Harvard's Kennedy School in Boston, Reps.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) informed the public through live Twitter updates on Thursday that—contrary to the ideologically neutral advertising—the private conference featured a heavy dose of speeches by corporate CEOs and completely shut out organized labor and me

Well, look honey, I don’t think you know how we control your fellow dems so we are going to give you an opportunity to fall in line …

The Koch’s co-hosted the Event. Donald Trumps’ former economic advisor who is the former president of Goldman Sachs is a speaker.

Welcome, new members of the Bi-partisan congress. Being sold out is a Bi-partisan event. Both sides of the aisle will be against you, not just one, if you don’t fall in line.

We’ll start with a handout from Koch Industries - political and corporate fascism 101. Then follow it with a handout from Goldman Sachs - securities fraud and what happens if you speak against it. We have a lot of speakers here tonight folks, all of whom should be admired for evading prison. Now let’s loot America!

While we are on the subject of corruption:

https://therealnews.com/stories/pentagon-engaged-in-unfathomable-financial-mismanagement

Peace
Po

This orientation would have made an interesting C-span program, especially with
interviews of the new-comers and their reactions to it –

I do hope that Octavia et al., are wearing bullet-proof vests in public.
Seriously.

LOL.Aint just the dem half of the party

If she does nothing else in her 2 years in Congress, AOC will do a major public service by being basically an elected whistleblower on that House of Rot…

Hell, I’d even work on her campaign if she would do that, and I hate Democrats. Leak everything and spare no details and names. Name them all!

Many Democratic newcomers are from the center, to the right of Nancy Pelosi. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez seems oblivious to this. I think she is going to have to face that reality at some point. Nancy Pelosi is faced with challenges within the Democratic Party to her right and to her left and also has to deal with the group of longtime members of Congress who want their seniority to count.

What else is new?

LMAO.Poor Pelosi!

I can hardly stand to read your blather. You are so much into “inside” politics and so oblivious to what is going on and what needs to go on.

To borrow from Rep. Tlaib YOU don’t know what’s coming.

Well there’s a scary thought – that there could be people in the party to the right of Nancy Pelosi! That’s almost as scary as, say, our current health care system and climate change!

You never get what you want by being silent. AOC seems to understand this. Sanders has been sidelined for years and years, and she seems to understand that he only got attention for his issues by being loud and running for the presidency.

Right now, AOC has what so many people liked about Sanders: authenticity. I’m hoping she understands that if she gets co-opted, she loses that. Personally, I’m rooting for her. A gov’t full of people like her would be considerably better than what we’ve ever had in my lifetime.

You nailed it.

Great link! Could these ‘heroes’ really be this bad? No but their leaders ( Congress, President Evil, and the ones with higher rank [they are the most rank]) are for being such hypocritical liars and duping many goodhearted men and women into protecting corporate fascism, I mean ‘democracy and freedom’, around the world. Not a peep from any deficit hawks.

How many freshmen will travel to israel for proper propaganda training also?

AOC could place one issue on the forefront to avoid having to be the few uncorrupted politicians against the many corrupt, increasing voter turnout by secure cellphone voting:

Translation: you cannot play our game unless you are corrupt!

Jesus, please let A O-C stay away from small planes and convenience store sushi.