Home | About | Donate

Long-Cleared Gitmo Detainees Transferred to Oman

Whenever I hear the term "American Exceptionalism" all I can see is root 'except'. In this case add to the list - except for Guantanamo and its US imperial gulag. I only wish that those who claim exceptionalism could have the subjective and objectified 'sacrifice' experience that predatory capitalism is so dependent on in its conflations of insensate dehumanization juggernauts. The word 'sacrifice' etymologically points directly to what is held as 'sacred' but is not in this case, and that list is a has been a perverse legacy we ignore at our peril.

The next time that any president says that he/she "believes in American exceptionalism", the placards should surround the speaker with the litany of the historically institutionalized cases of 'except'.

May these people find all forms of support that they may need, the healing and strength in the deepest and most truly sacred sense. May they find it in their hearts and minds to speak truth to power and forgive what has been done to them in the name of Americans, and may there be a true awakening here to the perverse aspects of the systems that create these atrocities.

There are 51 of the Guantanamo inmates "cleared for release," and the Pentagon clings to them like a junkie clings to an addiction.

The Pentagon is our biggest national cancer. There are others, and almost every one of the others is directly operating to repair the failures and damages created by the Pentagon. Like the DHS, and like the National Intelligence Directorate, and like upwards of half of the State Department, and like the Department of Veterans Affairs, etc. Every one of these bureaucracies could have legitimate missions; that interests none of them. They are all religiously devoted to spawning wars and more wars, and endlessly expanding every war opportunity that appears on the planet.

We could within one year cut the Pentagon funding by 90% without significantly reducing anything it does that is actually related to our national defence. Because more than 90% of what it does is purely international offence, designer sponsorship of newly minted wars. Like everything the US military, NSA and CIA are doing in Africa, Asia and Latin America.

We could also cut more of the Pentagon budget by telling the EU they have one year to provide their own defence, and we are withdrawing and demobilizing all those standing military forces all over Europe.

We need to take from the bureaucrats the means and power to spawn wars in all those places, because every thing the US imagines is aimed at provoking war with China, Russia, & Iran, above all others. Petty wars like the one with IS is designed to grow into a war with Iran. Israel is too stupified by their own nazism to notice the patterns.

This is just one reason that I cannot clutch my heart and sing land of the free and home of the brave. Care to join me?