Home | About | Donate

'Looking at You, Senate Majority Leader': 87 Million Could Lose Paid Leave Without Urgent Action From Congress

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/30/looking-you-senate-majority-leader-87-million-could-lose-paid-leave-without-urgent

“The hell with the 87 million, destitute Americans, WE CANNOT AFFORD THE $$$$”! Mitch the heartless.

4 Likes

Except for the MIC.s blank check.

5 Likes

Elizabeth Warren and Sherrod Brown have just fulsomely endorsed Neera Tanden. Feck them. Bernie still hiding under his desk.

5 Likes

The anti-abortion crowd thinks that the moral thing to do was get Amy Covid Bearer through while the senate was ignoring living breathing people who don’t have enough to eat, are homeless or can’t pay their rent or mortgage, or are losing their healthcare. Mitch, of course, doesn’t have a moral center, he could care less about abortion or poor people as long as he wins this game he’s playing.

2 Likes

This lack of action makes perfect sense if the goal is to accelerate the spread of this virus which Trump and his enabling GOP have set out to do since refusing to create a National Policy for eradicating it.

4 Likes

But what we can easily afford is another “war of choice”, that has nothing to do with national defense. (sounds rather unconstitutional)

2 Likes

Mitch says "What do I care about 87 million losers, I won re-election, that’s all I care about:.

5 Likes

O say can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming,

~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austerity
Austerity is a set of political-economic policies that aim to reduce government budget deficits through spending cuts, tax increases, or a combination of both.

~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics
Trickle-down economics refers to the economic proposition that taxes on businesses and the wealthy in society should be reduced as a means to stimulate business investment in the short term and benefit society at large in the long term.

~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply-side_economics
Supply-side economics is a macroeconomic theory arguing that economic growth can be most effectively created by lowering taxes and decreasing regulation.

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

1 Like

Who votes for people like him is just beyond me!

3 Likes

“Progressive liberalization” is a steady one way elimination of rules on corporations that limit profits and global trade. Differences in laws from one country to another stand in the way of trade in services. 80% of the global economy. So rules are being harmonized so that they don’t exclude the poorest least developed countries companies from taking over jobs they can do more economically than Americans or Europeans who don’t want all these very low paying jobs. They have better things to do like working as trade lawyers for $2000/hour.

Or as politicians whose jobs are exempt from globalization, around the only professional jobs that are.

Wars and national security may also still be exempt. The rest is in the queue to be privatized and globalized.

2 Likes

The party of fuck family values has got to go!

4 Likes

Obviously the DNC does not care either as they handed him his victory by sabotaging the candidate who could beat him (by backing a Republican-lite candidate that Mitch easily beat).

8 Likes

Actually there is a certain amount of concern about making the Biden administration look bad, at least for the first few months after Jan 20th.

1 Like

I guess the left is with fox news on this??? because they don’t like her either???

So why give Kentucky this benefit??? The people of Kentucky vote for this corporate clown-----so let indivdual states do these things----then the money stays closer to home. I do believe my state already offers paid leave.

HOW MANY CHILDREN IN THIS COUNTRY ARE GOING HUNGRY AND LIVING ON THE STREET??? We are one SICK country.

1 Like

Aren’t they making themselves look bad enough for you?

You are forgetting how RACIST the hillbillies are. Mr.Booker didn’t stand a chance state-wide, but he did dominate in my city (Louisville) and in Lexington as well. He will rise on the national stage because he is all that but Klantucky is not the best launch pad for that, not at this point in time.

2 Likes

The point at which the simple “Ditch Mitch” should become “Put Mitch in a Ditch.”

1 Like

Don’t worry folks, there’s a new President-Elect in town with a virtual “bully pulpit”. Soon, the President-Elect will be on every news channel and all over social media calling out the GOP scumbags for what they are and letting everyone know exactly how they’re screwing the American people.
Oops, I forgot that the President-Elect is Joe Biden; as Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, “Nevermind”.

4 Likes