Home | About | Donate

'Looks Like the Crazy Lady Has Logged On': Rep. Ilhan Omar Welcomes QAnon Conspiracy Theorist Marjorie Taylor Greene to Congress

Maybe so, but you can bet your last $ that some DINO will take Nancy’s place.

5 Likes

I closely identify with your voting position. Under the current system we aren’t going to get much of what we want. Dumping trump any way possible is the first thing, and we did that.
I guess other than that, the vote FOR Biden is retrograde hope for good governance.

1 Like

And you are unable to fathom someone on the left believing voting for Biden to be a badly inverted strategy, which puts you on a par with a Trump loyalist. And Biden will lead to a worse Trump, which scarcely makes him “better.”

In other words, though Biden will make a slightly better president than Trump, he is the worse choice.

4 Likes

If you ever meant some of my Bible Trumping relatives you would understand it!

2 Likes

I have this picture of holding up a Bible upside-down. “Is that your Bible?”

“It’s a Bible.”

That’s what I get from the term “Bible Trumping” – even though the part about the Bible being held upside-down is totally (by now irrefutable, permanently established) urban myth. My own pseudo-Christian fanatic relatives are of the “Christian Scientist” variety (nearly weird enough to resemble 2020 USA!)

My understanding is that your genuine dyed-in-the-wool snake-handler born-again Pentacostal US American Christian wingnut doesn’t actually regard Orangeman as a Christian (how could they?). There’s something about Orangeman resembling Persian King Cyrus: not of the flock, but sent by God’s Providence to protect the flock.

1 Like

For all the good the Bible does them, they might as well read it upside down! Trump has broken every one of the Ten Commandments at least twice; nevertheless, these christian fascists voted for this cretin.

5 Likes

Yes, “how could they?”
How could the deplorables not see the thousands of lies trump has dumped on the public. Has hired cabinet and other people in place that represent the complete opposite of what those jobs were created for.
How could they not see, and hold accountable trump’s womanizing ways, and those of others in congress and put on judgeship benches?

These same self righteous self identified Christians threw Bill Clinton to the wolves for a consensual affair.
I hate to think it, but have been headed for a violent outcome of our hyper-partisanship for some time now, and it is coming to a head.

5 Likes

Yes they voted for trump, while condoning disenfranchisement of voting opportunities for people of color.
Suppression.

3 Likes

Hi Left_of-Eden:
I love how Rep Omar stands up for herself and the Squad. She is accomplishing so much----and unlike the GOP, she stands up for “Doing the democratic action,” to stand up for great people and great ideas.
Remember, the Squad did not sit in the corner as newbies —they hit the ground running and winning. Be glad they are not the sad, sad wimps of the DNC ( Do Nothing Corporatist Party) : )

3 Likes

… so far to the left your actually on the right?

1 Like

If Q had any integrity at all, he’d be going after the REAL deviated preverts – all those “elites” who used to party with Jeffrey Epstein, like a prince or two, an ex-presidunce and a soon-to-be-ex-presidunce, a few other millionaires and billionaires – and then there’s the Boy Scouts and the Un-Holy Cult of Rome and . . .

2 Likes

You Democratic loyalists are just as bad as Trumpanzees and will never learn. Enjoy president Ted Cruz in 2024.

2 Likes

A friend’s psychology professor once told her that this country is filled with C-average students. Well, that makes sense, right? Hope that doesn’t doom us, though.

Biden has a long public record that doesn’t fit any definition of “left” politics. And although Biden may be to the left of Trump on the political spectrum, he is further to the right than Nixon or Eisenhower. So it’s perfectly valid for someone to assume that you’re a republican if you voted for Biden. Just look at all of the neocons and former Bush staff that endorsed Biden!

2 Likes

Biden has proudly courted the endorsements of many of the worst republicans. In fact, more necons supported Biden than Trump. Any left/right or republican/democrat distinction is practically meaningless now.

3 Likes

Anyone that voted for Biden voted for right wing Politics . I find it interesting that many of the same people will insist that when people voted third party it was a vote for Trump while at the same time if THEY voted for Biden it was not a vote for Biden.

It twisted reasoning that merely tries to evade the blame for what will come with Biden while blaming those that are blameless should Trump had of won. This sort of reasoning is more of that “heads I win tails you lose” stuff.

The reality is if you voted for Trump you voted for Trump. If you voted for Biden you voted for Biden. If you voted for another party such as Howie Hawkins and the Greens you voted for Howie Hawkins. Biden was no mystery. Those that voted for him can not claim they did not know what they were getting anymore then those that voted for trump this time around could make that claim.

2 Likes

Why do you ALWAYS omit Netanyahu from your lists of shame?

2 Likes

The Democratic Party isn’t pushing for single payer healthcare.
The Democratic Party is not ending fracking.
The Democratic Party is not passing card check.
The Democratic Party is not calling for a reduction in the war budget.
The Democratic Party is not reforming immigration policy.
The Democratic Party is not trust-busting.
The Democratic Party is not calling for huge rises in taxes on the rich.
The Democratic Party is not calling for the end of private prisons.
The Democratic Party is not…listening.

Perhaps the Democratic Party does not have reich-wing nutters in the party, but their lack of action on economic and social issues has led to increasing their numbers in the populace. Trump just gave them a megaphone.

PS: “The Democratic Party isn’t destroying our public lands, parks, national monuments, wildlife refuges.” You need to see what Obama did in the case of arctic oil drilling leases if you think the Democratic Party isn’t doing their fair share to kill the planet.

1 Like

I’m still thinking President Liz Cheney. She checks all the boxes so Republicans can claim to be socially “woke” and she possesses all the evil genius of her dad. The Republican leadership and Wall St. love her, not so much Ted Cruz or Tom Cotton. I also do not see them allowing someone out of right field taking the nomination like Trump did. They’ll make sure it’s an insider in 2024. I’ve always thought it would be the Republicans, not the Democrats, who elect the first woman president.

1 Like

We need movement-based organizing to represent our demands outside of electoral politics and to impose meaningful consequences when our demands are not met.