Home | About | Donate

'Looting of America By Big Corporations': Progressives Appalled by Senate's Unanimous Passage of Largest Bailout Bill in US History

What Edmundo says so eloquently.

Currently, I have a cousin fighting for his life on a ventilator. Perhaps the Iverson podcast itself is just a case of DKE-19

For a description of DKE-19 see
~https://medium.com/@noahhaber/flatten-the-curve-of-armchair-epidemiology-9aa8cf92d652

To everyone who commented on my post this morning thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Your empathy and supported lifted me greatly…

Whenever I see Mitch McConnell smiling like that, I know something bad is going to happen.

2 Likes

No gridlock on the door to graft

2 Likes

Yes - that is one of three possibilities in reading his expressions:

1. Mitch McConnell straight faced - something bad is being planned to happen.
  2. Mitch McConnell smiling - something bad is about to happen.
  3. Mitch McConnell laughing - something bad just happened.
2 Likes

Maybe mix in some ball petting and cat tossing to break up the routine a little. That might require a little more cleanup, though.

1 Like

As a millennial I’ve never seen it in action. Just been fed the myth of it. Maybe I believed it as a kid but being an adult now I see that “freedom and democracy” in the U.S. is a sham.

2 Likes

I appreciate your posts but I do think you might be seeing in a bit of tunnel vision in this instance. But maybe not. Maybe I am just holding on to one last shred of hope. We will see. All I know is what I can do in front of me and if I see someone needing help in this crisis I hope I can do everything in my power to help them. Maybe I am in the minority of this. Again we will see.

It not about epidemiology, it is about information control you dolt! It is censorship, and you are a collaborator! She is asking legitimate questions, and you would silence her. That is why you are an authoritarian. As Chomsky noted decades ago, free speech is only meaningful to protect speech you don’t want to hear.

1 Like

As someone who has worked in public heath I agree, the numbers do not add up. I suspect the number of active cases are 10 times what is being reported. But how can we know when mass screening is not being done because of unavailability of test kits. Many people with typical covid 19 symptoms are being denied testing because of scarcity of test kits and they are not ‘not sick enough’ or not in right age group. Maybe the lack of kits is a purposeful act because someone wants to hide the numbers. In the end the truth will be told and it will be stark. Before that, let’s not play games.

3 Likes

There’ll be no Potter. Dumbledork has obviously never even tried to actually fight a little gang of hillbillies or messkins or a very large black guy single-handedly. You can kind of tell that just by looking at him. Remember when Chance The Gardener tried to battle the little gang of dumbasses with his remote control, in Being There?

Trickle Down, you meant, of course. Remember when you saw Obama for the first time, with his incredibly skinny, stick-figure body and head and cartoonishly huge Dumbo ears, saw the CHANGE sign on the front of his podium, like a poor homeless bastard begging for pennies and nickels in his cup, heard him calling everyone “Folks,” and heard all the silly young Dems all a-twitter about him, and said “I’ve just seen the next Jimmy Carter. I don’t know if the country can survive another one?” I do.

There are over 247 million adults in the U.S., with only about 70 million of them having a direct deposit account with the I.R.S… This means that over 177 million American adults (plus their children) will have to wait approximately 4 months before they will see this one time aid.

The United States of injustice.

3 Likes

Trickle Up is the consumer spending. The TV advises that this is 70% of the American economy.
This is the money being spent by families that goes up through the layers of merchants who each keep a bit for themselves.

Some keep way too much.
Some are permitted to sell you security, like a pension or savings account. Then, they are permitted to gamble in markets around the world using your safe money. When they win, they keep a bonus. When they lose, we have an economic, fiscal meltdown. Then, we come to bat again and save their skinny behinds using our future tax payments as collateral for loans and gifts going to the scoundrels today.

2 Likes

And what I have read is that some of the tests that exist have a 80% false positive rate. In italy, 90% of the fatalities had an average age of 80 years and at least 2 preexisting conditions.

Let not play games, indeed. What we are seeing before our eyes (in the US alone) is the greatest transfer of wealth from the many to the few in human history. If the ruling elites woiuld do this during a health crisis why would you trust them on anything else? Remember, the Media where you are getting your chiliing data about the virus is the same as that sold you the WMD charade (that killed over a million people, I say this to indicate the ruling class and its media’s concern for human life). What self quarrantining and social distancing means is de facto MARSHALL LAW!. We have lost our right to assembly, and if you had not noticed our right to free speech and any criticism of the “facts” of the coronavirus is censored. This is like 9-11 on steriods. In weeks as people cannot pay thier mortgages, They will start to lose their homes. Thousands of small businesses will go under. As the recession/depression takes hold values will drop, capitalists come in and buy up $ trillions in value at fire-sale prices.You think this is all an accident of history? This is a coup against working people of proportions never before seen. And you trust everything you hear about the disease…

2 Likes

I support her right to spread disinformation. Yours too.
But that doesn’t mean I have to support the disinformation itself. Like you do.

1 Like

Seen another way, self-quarantining and social distancing is a de facto general strike. It would be a pity and a shame if we don’t take advantage of it.

(and that’s “martial” law, BTW)

2 Likes

What you don’t get is that there is massive censorship going on right now. We have de facto marshal law.

Do you know why the Spanish Flu was called the Spanish flu? It acuatally originated in the US and was spread by US troop movements throughout Europe and elsewhere. Spain was nuetral during WW1. Unlike the belligerent nations, Spain was not engaging in censorship of the press. It was called the Spanish Flu because it was the first place that the disease was widely reported on. As many people died from the Spanish Flu as died in the War. That means for the nations engaged in WW1, they were more concerned about killing the enemy than the lives of their own soldiers. There is no reason you should trust these people.

1 Like

You need to separate here the reality of a pandemic that is out of control in this country from conspiracy of whys. We were totally unprepared, and still not doing necessary testing, still not adequate quarantine, still not enough N95’s, etc. I am not sure I would blame the oligarchs of precipitating this crisis. Trump certainly has made it worse. And there are many certainly taking advantage. But the cause-effect is not clear. The mortalities will be high in this country. Blame the stupidity of the masses aided by mass propaganda and big lies to allow such a dysfunctional
?endgame.

1 Like