Home | About | Donate

Lots of F's for These D's: Report Card Shows Majority of Senate Democrats Aiding Trump's Right-Wing Court Takeover

Lots of F's for These D's: Report Card Shows Majority of Senate Democrats Aiding Trump's Right-Wing Court Takeover

Jake Johnson, staff writer

As Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) continues to ram through President Donald Trump's extreme and unqualified judicial nominees at a record pace, a report card released on Friday slammed Senate Democrats for aiding the right-wing takeover of America's courts.

1 Like

Remember when Doug Jones won in Alabama it proclaimed as a “great victory” for Progressive Politics?

The reality is something very much different. They now use the word “progressive” to describe Reagan Era Republicans.The Beto’s and Biden’s and Harris are the Corporate presses favorites to win the Democratic nomination for President. These guys and gals would have done fine in Reagan’s Cabinet.

12 Likes

Just got off the phone with Leahy’s office condemning his votes and will spread the word. Maybe it is time for a letter to the editor…

6 Likes

The Independents and Democrates need to steal some tactics from the Rs playbook and stack and pack the courts in 2020. A lot of them have no courage or integrity though and are controlled by big donors.

4 Likes

Every one of these corporate whores needs to be (at least) primaried, maybe even investigated. They are (at least) center right on this scale

Once again this proves that the ‘tent’ is just too damned big. Why is it that ‘Big Tent’ politics ALWAYS swings to the extreme RIGHT? If you support Corporate agendas over the agendas of the PEOPLE, you are not a Democrat. You are a Republican. Stop allowing these creatures to lie like this.

8 Likes

Vote Blue no matter who.

I remember when Sen. Shelby was a democrat … not much difference. Jones is finishing out Session’s term, he will get Republican Religion before his term ends.

1 Like

It’s the votes for The Corporotracy’s Agenda and the very compromised Criminal Justice System here, by some leading so-called Dimocrats that should scare everyone. Corporate wolves in sheep clothing, without a doubt.
Sen. Sanders consistently scores in the top tier for fighting these disgusting wolves, and Dims, but the Senate’s " go along to get along " cordiality really bothers true progressives. J. Dingell was absolutely on to something with the " just dissolve the Senate " proposal. That, or expand it, to nullify these corporate lapdogs.

2 Likes

Never forget for a moment that many of those very same senators who got A and B ratings have also been ardent supporters of the “no litmus test to be a Democrat” party policy. They may vote, progressively, but they never name names or criticize others in their party who vote with Republicans, all for the sake of party unity. They have no problem attacking Republicans who vote with Trump, but when their own members do it, they go mute. Party, first, people second, as always.

4 Likes

Expanding it is the only way. This will fix the insane population to Senator ration problem between places like Wyoming and California, New York and Iowa.

Rigged system indeed

Yes, I agree, and it is thoroughly disgusting. These republicans are all seditious traitorous abominations, but perhaps these phony democrats are even worse for selling us all down the river while acting so progressive to our faces and then stabbing us all in the back when we are not looking! Thank you for this list! It ought to be put in every polling place in 2020! Please do not vote for these phonies. Vote in the democratic primaries and vote them all out! We can do much better! Once these republicans put their Koch approved young judges on the federal bempnch and Supreme Court for life then there will be no hope for any more real justice ever again in America. We can forget about universal health care and addressing climate change because these guys will just rule it unconstitutional and will allow republicans to get away with every horrible kind of injustice, crime, and even murder known to man! He who controls the courts controls the rules and the laws and runs America. An America without justice for all will not be a free country. Things are already bad enough! What are these democrats thinking!

3 Likes

These Democraps aren’t “bur[ying] their heads in the sand”

Their burying ours

6 Likes

I live in the 12th District of Michigan. For decades, I could only vote Dingells if I wanted to vote Democratic. John wanted to ditch the Senate altogether because HE was a Representative not a Senator. He was never my cup of tea. He was pro-life, pro-guns, pro-big game hunting and he’s the #1 reason our mpg’s on cars was kept so low for so long. His middle name was “the Big Three”. Debbie, atleast, is pro-choice and I think she hates guns & hunting. But who really knows for sure.

Just want to point out that Angus King is not a Democrat.

2 Likes

Bernie A-??? Menendez B+??? What is this?

1 Like

Not me.

3 Likes

And Warren gets a higher rating than Bernie?

4 Likes

All right wingers – something happened to Patrick Leahy a long time ago.

2 Likes

Any reason you didn’t run against him?

Vichy Democrats are no more acceptable than the Vichy French were in the 1940s.

9 Likes