Home | About | Donate

Love South of Heaven

Love South of Heaven

Robert C. Koehler

Write about love, as in love thy enemy, and the social recoil sounds like this:

“There is no nexus at which we can speak with ISIS. Singing Kumbaya while being led to a beheading can’t work.”

Or this:

Let us listen, let us reach out, let us look one another in the eyes no matter how difficult this proves to be.

you know, robert, you present quite a challenge here. oh, it's so easy to feel joy and loving companionship with those whom we share a common bond of ideology, but we often react negatively toward those who espouse an alien ideology. i often remember the afternoon of thursday, september 13, 2001. my team and i had set up our booth for an annual biker rally and as i sat alone in my now mostly empty van which would serve as my sleeping quarters for the weekend a song came on the radio.

its gonna take a lotta love to change the way things are
its gonna take alotta love or we wont get too far
so if you look in my direction
and we dont see eye to eye,
my heart needs protection and so do i .

still in shock from the events of tuesday, september 11, 2001 i felt the tears gush down my cheeks and thought, 'this should be our post 911 theme song! however, "proud to be an american" filled that role.

Love is a force i often compare to the force of gravity in Nature strong yet gentle; a force that holds us safely in the womb of our home planet yet allows us to move about freely. Love like gravity permeates all existence. institutions, religious, governmental, non-profit or for profit are all of human construct. however, institutions are not people, my friend! institutions do not feel emotion and all our attempts to create perfect institutions will in Time deteriorate. each living generation must learn how to Love!

"Here It Is Christmastime"

When we are born we are swaddled and suckled
Whispered to, fussed over, tickled and cuddled
when we grow up things get muddled, and here it is Christmastime.

Will you stop by, for a piece of delicious peach pie, while I tell you my yuletide wishes.
You can help me do the dishes, cause here it is Christmastime.

We all want someone who will love us and hold us,
to curl up alongside when the nights are the coldest.
We all want someone who will hug us and kiss us.
All I want is you for Christmas.

Let us examine the holiday spirit, let the small kids sing so we can all hear it.
Light up a fire and pull the chair near it, cause here it is Christmastime.

When we are born we are swaddled and suckled
Whispered to, fussed over, tickled and cuddled
when we grow up things get muddled, and here it is Christmastime.

Thank you, Robert Koehler. Thank you for reminding us that there is always a a choice, that there is an antidote for fear and hatred. True peace is built on love and respect, never on might and threats.

Thank you for this. <3

not sure why this koehler quote did not print in my earlier post. a gray line only, the words didn't print?

"The force of love springs from awareness. What, oh God, does this mean? What, especially, does it mean beyond personal acts of big-hearted decency? Is love always distorted, often beyond recognition, when it is institutionalized?"

(my next paragraph related to the above quote.) Love is a force i often compare to the force of gravity in Nature strong yet gentle; a force that holds us safely in the womb of our home planet yet allows us to move about freely. Love like gravity permeates all existence. institutions, religious, governmental, non-profit or for profit are all of human construct. however, institutions are not people, my friend! institutions do not feel emotion and all our attempts to create perfect institutions will in Time deteriorate. each living generation must learn how to Love!

But in avoiding suffering are we playing God?

you know, 'tis often said, "into each life a little rain must fall!" the tough times often herald a burst of spiritual growth. we learn compassion and endurance when facing and overcoming those challenges.

have a joyous day, 'nature boy'!
--Nature's child

Would we enjoy the good times as much if there were no bad times?