Home | About | Donate

"Love That Doesn't Risk Isn't Love": Amid Immigration Chaos, Sanctuaries Flourish

"Love That Doesn't Risk Isn't Love": Amid Immigration Chaos, Sanctuaries Flourish

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

As President Donald Trump escalates his anti-immigration policies and rhetoric, more and more spaces are standing up for undocumented immigrants.

My child works at UniLu!! OK, in a non-policy, nontheological position (sexton, but certainly involved in the preparations and might have to stand in the door until pastors get there). I am so proud, even for a 3rd-hand connection. My Bunny shared the Globe article on Facebook, and I passed along the very quote from the pastor that appears here in the title. That, and that the experience of preparing is "like having a baby."

You know, I read your post and even more than 'proud', extending far beyond proud, is the dignifying of the sheer scope and reach of what it means to be a human being with a soul and part of the whole of the spirit. The beauty of young folks engaging like your daughter includes the nurturing of their own futures, healthy autonomy in community. Mom had to be doing something right!
So many aspects of living and what it means to be a human being are 'externalized' in predatory capitalism, are treated as if they can simply be denied and poof!,they no longer exist and do not matter. I constantly raise this because identification of the ' externalizations' seems to me to be a good and accurate measure of the health of an economic policy and system. The bizarre situation we seem to be facing is that so many subscribers to premises of predatory capitalism are still unable to see and envision the consequences being fomented.

What we are seeing is a modern underground railroad being formed in North America that Harriett Tubman would be proud of.