Dear Senator / Congressperson __________________________________,
I am asking you to publicly post online your FIVE STRUCTURAL IMPROVEMENTS for Obamacare, with explanations of exactly how each improvement makes our health insurance and care system LESS DAMAGING to the health and finances of ALL Americans.
1. Merge America’s thousands of employer market health risk pools into a single NATIONAL individual market risk pool on the Obamacare Exchanges, while still requiring employers to continue paying employee health insurance subsidies. This helps to economically spread health risks across the widest number of healthy Americans under age 65.
2. Move the health insurance income tax deduction out of employers’ hands and place it as a line item on everyone’s IRS 1040 /A /EZ tax return so that EVERYONE can FULLY claim that deduction. This will help to merge the employed health risk pool into the individual market risk pool by allowing employees to RETAIN their pre-tax-dollar buying power when choosing high quality national health insurance coverage on the exchanges. This also eliminates for EVERYONE the “Cadillac/Income Tax” on health insurance premiums. (Donald Trump’s position in 2016: “Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions?” h t t p : // web.archive.org / web/ 20160316080118/https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform ).
3. Require all health insurers to sell on the Obamacare Exchanges a NATIONAL STANDARD health plan with SINGLE NATIONAL provider network to those under age 65 (preferably a Clone of Classic 80/20 Medicare). This helps employers migrate their employees into high quality NATIONAL coverage, with minimal disruption for when employees change jobs, all while greatly simplifying the complicated private health insurance bureaucracy imposed on medical providers.
4. End Obamacare Expanded Medicaid Estate Recovery NATIONWIDE for those age 55 and up. Higher income earners age 55 and up do NOT have to pay back after death their totally free, federally funded Obamacare subsidies. Why should lower income earners be subject to Obamacare Expanded Medicaid Estate Recovery after death, and thus lose the value of what little property they own paying back possibly 10 YEARS WORTH of state purchased but federally funded Obamacare Expanded Medicaid insurance premiums?
5. Force states to bulk purchase MEDICAID coverage for all their citizens willing to buy into large, state based, Medicaid risk pools. This offers a state based public option for those not wanting to buy the lower quality, narrower network, riskier risk pool, and more expensive individual health plans sold on the exchanges.
Thank you. Your constituent: __________________________________