Home | About | Donate

Lyin' Comey: 'Cause Who Cares About the Rule Of Law When We Need To Save Our Tin-Pot Dictator From People Saying Mean Things About Him?

Lyin' Comey: 'Cause Who Cares About the Rule Of Law When We Need To Save Our Tin-Pot Dictator From People Saying Mean Things About Him?

Because there's nothing else on their minds - Syria, Gaza, racism, gun violence, safety-net-shredding, say what? - the bigwigs of one of this country's purported major parties are going all out against the greatest threat now facing the nation: the upcoming memoir of former FBI director James Comey. With Comey making multiple media appearances before next week's release of "A Higher Loyalty," GOP leaders have launched a campaign to discredit "Lyin' Comey" through a bizarre website - deftly named Lyin' Comey - ads, smears and widely disseminated talking points, which sure do convince us they're doing a swell job of tending to the vital business of our country.

“The world is burning, the country is unraveling, and the GOP is super busy trying to placate the toddler in charge if and when somebody says something mean to him. Damn we love the current state of the union.”

Mars is looking pretty good, now…

You are living up to your screen name there WiseOwl. To quote that sentence is a wise thing to do. It is the clearest sentence written about our time that I have read in months. Thank you and Abby for being on-time and in-time. Mars does look very good from here.

Are libel laws still in effect?

Absolutely the clearest statement of sentiment
Though I think it too kind

The visual that keeps flashing into my brain is the oncoming disastrous car wreck that happens at the end of this drunk driver’s pathetic behavior

We are taking lives at an unprecedented level right now with too few power people even mentioning the fact

This piece falsely implies that the U.S. ever operated under any “rule of law” other than: what is good for the 1% is the only thing that matters.

By avoiding that central question, we can never actually get around to working for “law” that is a concrete manifestation of social, political, economic and personal JUSTICE.

Progressive 'journalists" and bloggers need to step out of the world of Kabuki shadow-dancing into the light if they ever want to be relevant as anything other than status quo weapons of mass distraction.