Home | About | Donate

MAGA-Nacht

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/06/01/maga-nacht

1 Like

This fraud of a president has never seen the inside of a church voluntarily in all of his 74 miserable years. he is now using religion to advance his re-election chances and his idiot supporters can;t see that. This guy doesn;t realize, it’s a ;ot easier to do your job and seek re-election than to try desperate contortions to cheat your way AGAIN into the presidency. I think if he had even done 10% of his job, people would have forgotten about him being an illegitimate president and would have supported him. But his whole life has been to con his way into getting things, The question of working for something on merit is completely out of the question in Trump world.

5 Likes

Mike Pence wasn’t there.
He was searching high and low for his Bible, which had suddenly gone missing.
An hour later, the Bible mysteriously reappeared coated with a film of french fry grease.

There was also an oily film down in the White House bunker along with a pile of soiled XXXXL panties.

5 Likes

rayshelt - Perfectly put. It is simply outside of Trump’s experience to be a real person only a reality star.

Things fall apart. The center cannot hold.

Remember, Trump believes he’s “the chosen one”.

His unsettling pose holding the Bible high is his way of saying, “All that I do from here on out I do in the name of God.” He’s gone full messianic narcisist.

Looks like he’s using the Bible as a playing card, getting ready to slam it on the table like a trump card.

Be prepared people. The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

From W.B. Yeats, Second Coming

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

2 Likes

Birds of a feather?

Self-declared president of Bolivia and Trump.

~https://www.foxnews.com/world/bolivia-interim-president-bible-palace-elections

1 Like

Trump is the perfect sociopathic criminal conman to oversee the final collapse of the USA empire. The entire history of the USA has been leading up to this moment.

4 Likes

By using the Christian bible in this photo-op, your presiding resident of the White House, built by black and brown slaves on the backs of black and brown bodies that preceded them has [un]seemly set up Christianity as the US’s national religion. A religion established by the followers of a black/brown man whom they named Messiah. I don’t think Jesus is seeing himself and his teachings in the words and actions of the orange beast in the now venal and unholy white house. Your national symbol, the White House will need a deep purification by all your peoples.

4 Likes

Yes it started a long time ago with the genocide of the Native, Americans, who were labeled " savages" in order to condone the right to steal their land which in today’s vernacular they would be labeled terrorists.

1 Like

Dear Donald Trump:

Maybe you might want to read that big book which you borrowed. There’s a great part when Jesus throws the money changers out of the temp!e.

2 Likes

I hope that the so-called “Christian evangelicals” who support this clown understand that the next world (for them, anyway) will involve a shovel, a big roaring furnace & a pile of really dirty coal 20 miles high that will never shrink. First break in a billion years!

1 Like