Home | About | Donate

'Magna Carta for the Web': Read Tim Berners-Lee's Global Declaration for a Humane and Democratic Internet

'Magna Carta for the Web': Read Tim Berners-Lee's Global Declaration for a Humane and Democratic Internet

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Warning that the web he helped invent in 1989 is "functioning in a dystopian way" due to extreme corporate concentration and paltry privacy safeguards for consumers, Tim Berners-Lee unveiled what he described as a "Magna Carta for the web" during the international Web Summit in Lisbon on Monday and urged all governments to suppor

From the article:

“…we’d have a world with less conflict, more understanding, more and better science, and good democracy…”

What the 99% want and what the 1% want are seldom if ever the same. Pardon my pessimism.

3 Likes

I suppose we should begin to wonder about what the next one or two new forms of transmission are going to be.Satellite or something other in transmission. Affordable? Implantable? Phew

Kudos to Tim Berners-Lee. He is no doubt of the Responsible camp. Let us correct the flaws in this communication system as well as many others in the human experience. Shall we be gifted or cursed? The only constant in life is change.

An Across-tic for Tim Berners- Lee : )

T he time is now
I magine a new world
M illions learning and sharing knowledge

B because of one man’s vision
E everyone has a chance to succeed
R alining the world in fairness
N o one is left out
E quality for the masses is possible
R remember, ideas move us forward
S uch a gift to the word, from TIM. : )

L earning for all
E quality beckons to the world
E earthlings finally have a medium and WE the People are the message! : )

1 Like