Home | About | Donate

Major 'Milestone' for Workers as California Judge Rules Uber and Lyft Must Classify Drivers as Employees

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/11/major-milestone-workers-california-judge-rules-uber-and-lyft-must-classify-drivers

1 Like

Call it what you will, I called the gig economy further wage theft the first time I heard the term. Another step after de-unionizing, off-shoring, etc. Keep 'em down and desperate, the corporate motto.

1 Like

HA HA HA - these greedy corporations that want to run their business like an Amway style network working model. Where all the money goes to the “upline.” Finally got a sharp reality slap in the face. I hope this means they won’t have to miss a payment on the Yacht! :

It’s great when a company is successful, and shares the wealth with their employees.
A home town company still running strong after nearly 150 years is also listed as one of the top 100 companies to work for in this country.
It can be done right.
We need some of these manufacturing jobs to reappear here.

1 Like

And today, Uber announced that unless the injunction is lifted they will cease operating in California at least through the election in November. There are ballot initiatives in the upcoming which would exempt companies like Uber, Lyft, and Doordash from AB 5.