Home | About | Donate

Major Protests at U.S. Warhead Facilities Across the Nation Unite to Decry Trillion Dollar Plan for New U.S. Nuclear Weapons; Advocate Disarmament

Major Protests at U.S. Warhead Facilities Across the Nation Unite to Decry Trillion Dollar Plan for New U.S. Nuclear Weapons; Advocate Disarmament

UNITED STATES - A thousand or more peace advocates, Hibakusha (A-bomb survivors), religious leaders, scientists, economists, attorneys, doctors and nurses, nuclear analysts, former war planners and others across the country are coming together to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the U.S. atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki this August 6 through 9 at key sites in the U.S. nuclear weapons complex and beyond.

###

I am a nuclear veteran, from the Marshall Islands testing in 1956, Operation Redwing. I nearly died from my exposure then. I have been working to get rid of nuclear weapons, and nuclear technology, ever since.
* I cannot understand how a government that has put every penny it can scrape up into ever widening wars, the deaths of millions of humans, that has the ability to totally destroy all life on earth fifty times over, or more, which has allowed its military to grow into the most powerful and ruthless Wehrmacht on the planet, which cannot help its own people, or maintain its own infrastructure, can put another trillion dollars into overhauling and modernizing its nuclear arsenal so it can destroy all life on earth a hundred or two hundred times instead of fifty or sixty.
* Oh, sorry, I forgot about profits for the 0.001%. Really big profits. 'nuff said, I guess...
;-})

Where are the one percenters going to spend their money when the earth is destroyed?