Home | About | Donate

Major Websites Launch Red Alert for Net Neutrality, Urging Supporters to 'Melt Some Phones' on Capitol Hill

Major Websites Launch Red Alert for Net Neutrality, Urging Supporters to 'Melt Some Phones' on Capitol Hill

Julia Conley, staff writer

As internet freedom supporters in the Senate attempt to force a vote to reverse the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) unpopular repeal of net neutrality rules, dozens of prominent websites went on "red alert" in support of the protections on Wednesday, hoping to prompt users to flood lawmakers' offices with phone calls, emails, and other messages pressuring them to reinstate net neutrality.

Now we need to get D.C. to catch up with the 21st century.

Torture, one more trick in the bag of repression.

From the article:

“Independent journalists, small businesses, and other non-corporate internet companies have been among the groups speaking out against the FCC’s decision for months.”

Corporations aren’t marching in lockstep, on this issue at least; Facebook and Google, two of the largest, are on the side of net neutrality, which might make all the difference. But by all means, melt some phones.

A little more then a trick when they are doing it to you.

It’s about power my friend, not modernity.

The Fascists don’t want a free and open internet. They don’t care what you think. They have worked hard to take it from you. You are not getting it back.

Hi Dan, I signed and I hope you did too. It most likely means nothing but I have to try. I have to fight for sanity in any way I can. This thing called America must not be defeated from within even though that has been the projection for decades. Keep on pushin’ straight ahead.

Are google and facebook truly supporters of net-neutrality?
Pardon my skepticism…

Hello Ditton. Yes we keep pushing forward because we really have no other choice. Have a great day and don’t let the bastards get to you:)

Hey, June 11th is “D”-Day. Death of Free Speech. They are getting to me from time to time but I temper it Love and Peace. Just an old hippie.