Home | About | Donate

Making Case for Green New Deal, Abdul El-Sayed Argues It's Also a Public Health New Deal

Making Case for Green New Deal, Abdul El-Sayed Argues It's Also a Public Health New Deal

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

The Green New Deal is also a Public Health New Deal—and should be supported for that—physician and progressive activist Abdul El-Sayed argues in a op-ed published Friday in The Guardian.

1 Like

Everyone is affected by bad air. My father had asthma. And me. I know what it is like to go to the hospital in the middle of the night because I am turning blue. And my kids. Clean air is critical for someone with asthma. Dirty air can create asthma.
Can you imagine spraining your back from coughing so much??? It happened to my daughter during the California wildfires in LA a few years ago.

2 Likes

Just asking: HOW LONG BEFORE THE FOSSIL FUEL INDUSTRIES REALIZE AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS? Yes, I am shouting! Because this needs to be shouted as loud as possible!

2 Likes

I think they already know but…bank accounts come first to them.

1 Like

YES green new deal in every nation. BUT can we include war and preparations for war as these are also among the great environmental threats to human life and well being. Can the green new deal get past the guardians of empire if it includes abolition of the gross pollution arising from weapons manufacture, testing and use?

Imagine all that manufacturing energy diverted to useful ends rather than ships and planes of military use. A green new deal for everyone and everything. Rail cars not carriers, busses not bombs, Hospitals not helicopters, schools not fools.

2 Likes

The psychotic and pathological disconnect prevalent in traditional politics has safe-guarded industry rights to pollute, poison, harm and kill people.
It is truly a cognitive sickness. Approximately 100,000 Americans will die each year due to air pollution. This is a choice to kill people due to profit motives.
There are much better ways to live. We don’t need to poison ourselves and the planet. We can install a profit motive that will radically reduce all harmful emissions, save lives, and create a cleaner energy economy that produces healthy people able to work rather than be hospitalized and sent to the morgue.
Remember - the excuses defending the status quo are flat out BS.

True. There is some proof that they knew this a long time ago in the 1970’s and have been covering it up ever since in order to fatten their bank accounts.

1 Like