Home | About | Donate

Malcolm: We Want Freedom

Malcolm: We Want Freedom

This week marks the 54th anniversary of the assassination of El-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz, or Malcolm X, radical, orator, Muslim leader, evolving but abiding advocate and what Ossie Davis called "our own black shining prince," who rose from poverty and prison to fight unwaveringly against racism and oppression until his death at 39. Rather than requesting civil rights, he demanded "God-given human rights" for people of color, declaring "our right on this earth to be a human being...to be given the rights of a human being in this society...by any means necessary."

2 Likes

The words of Brother Malcolm still ring true, now more than ever!

“You don’t stick a knife in a man’s back nine inches and then pull it out six inches and say you’re making progress". Those words are especially true of the DINO party establishment corporate war whores who sabotage change at every turn and sell-us out to big-money and corrupt interests!

All the great leaders of vision and principle we once had were assassinated to grow the power of wealth over people, our one and only Earth, and its fragile environment - we are left with mindless dolts and corrupt scum masquerading as leaders! They all need to be made about a foot shorter!

5 Likes

Hi Emphyrio: that knife quote is wonderful a nd truthful----and as the corporate and military power continues to grow, more and more people of all classes and all races and all nations are finding his words to be a worldwide truth.

4 Likes

If you have never read The Autobiography of Malcolm X, I would highly recommend it.
It was many, many years ago that I read it, and I remember it made quite the impression on me at the time.

3 Likes

If Malcolm were alive today as a proclaimed Muslim speaking the truth, he would no doubt be assassinated again!

0 Likes

To too many white folks, the so called “christian” types, freedom has meant free to do as one pleases and slavery of the Africans and oppression of the First Nations was seen as “proof” that they, white folks, were “free”.

There is a saying among black folks that goes something like this:" I started to dig Jazz and whitey stuck around but when I started to dig freedom I finally got rid of whitey".

When we peruse our history of aggression domestically and across the world you know it has never about freedom except the “freedom” to steal some more from others, usually people of color.

1 Like