Home | About | Donate

Man With ALS Who Confronted Flake on Plane Has Just One Birthday Wish: 'A Massive Day of Action to Kill the #GOPTaxScam'

Man With ALS Who Confronted Flake on Plane Has Just One Birthday Wish: 'A Massive Day of Action to Kill the #GOPTaxScam'

Common Dreams staff

"Some days I feel like giving up. But I can't. Instead, I’ve been crisscrossing the country fighting the Republican tax bill—and fighting for my life."

Yes, we must stand together but there are effective actions to take: Why not call for total, rolling, non cooperation. Precede it with days of boycotts and General Strikes.

Ever thought what an oligarch-ruled America will look like? Be like? Feel like? Troubles the hell outa me! lol I mean really, really: the uber-rich controlling every effin’ thing. How we talk, eat, make love, get to work - at disturbing, slave-like, Earth-killing jobs, whether we like it or not or care. Reverend Barber to the rescue! Move over Bernie and Jill - or get on board - the ride of our lives: “The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival”!

(To be said all together) The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival. Here is the Rev’s press briefing, December 4, 2017 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thb4jsc6Stg

I couldn’t get this entire press briefing at TRNN video to work: http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=20628

His wish will likely never happen in the USA. Especially around X-mas time when everyone is running around buying $hit from the corporations.

It is a real tragedy that he has ALS and that will shorten his life. I hope they find a cure for ALS. The photo of him with his family looks like a happy group. He has a lot of courage to keep going as a legislator.

I have called my Senator Susan Collins and congressman Bruce Poliquin. Joan Walsh was right, seems these people have developed a “SLINKY” for a backbone. My party has become a cult lead by the Queen of BDSM Judge Jeanine Pirro. The ballot box is really too far away. I’m worried that the damage will be long-lasting if not permanent, from net neutrality to censorship.

I was told Medicaire doesn’t cover home health all day for ventilator care.
I was told my portion of the ventilator rental would be $200/month. That is doable, but they said the personnel to attend to the ventilator 24/7 would cost around $175,000 a year.
Do you know something I don’t know.
I’m curious.