Home | About | Donate

Mandate to Defeat ISIS Gives US Authority to Control Syrian Oil Fields, Shoot Syrian Govt Official Who Would Want That Control, Says Pentagon

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/08/mandate-defeat-isis-gives-us-authority-control-syrian-oil-fields-shoot-syrian-govt

2 Likes

From the article:

“…Byrne said, ‘our commanders always retain the right and the obligation of self-defense when faced with a hostile act or demonstrated hostile intent.’”

So by this logic, if I break into your house in the middle of the night, I have the right to defend myself against you. Is John Yoo still writing memos for the Pentagon?

15 Likes

The old saying was:“It’s all about the money”. Remember? Well, that has been downgraded and replaced by: “It’s all about the oil”. Even though oil is destroying the planet and alternative energy is treated like a pipe dream. <(No pun intended)

Speaking of pipe dreams, all this ongoing crap news is forcing me to go and light MY pipe>>>>

10 Likes

What happened to the part where Trump bragged about how we defeated ISIS?

And why didn’t a reporter point out that there is little to no oil revenue going to the SDF or anyone else due to the fact that airstrikes by the USA bombed the oil wells into wreckage so ISIS couldn’t use them?

I predict that within a few months, Putin and Assad take control of those oil fields.

6 Likes

The increasing volume of criminal activity from the Trump administration is hard to keep up with.
America is a rogue state, a terror state, an international criminal.
Is there nobody, internally or externally, who can hold America to account for its gangsterism?

8 Likes

Should we thank these gangsters for their colonial service?

3 Likes

So many people to thank…

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/11/06/us-congressional-panel-plots-next-phase-of-dirty-war-on-syria-occupy-oil-fields-block-reconstruction/

7 Likes

Are they going to get a special service badge with an oil rig on it?

6 Likes

Here we go again the oil fields in the middle east. Oil companies using the troops again, and our government money. Money that could have been used for so many more important things. The oil companies who are responsible for climate change denial, climate change, fracking, pipe lines that spill, polluting plants that blow up, pesticides in our foods, GMO foods, and so much more. Follow the oil, and you know the policy in the Middle East.

6 Likes

Much of congress is a wholly owned subsidiary of the oil companies.

5 Likes

The U.S. is clearly the aggressor. Their rationale is clearly absurd. We have become a bunch of pirates.

6 Likes

Let no one be stupid about why terrorists come here to kill us. We invite their wrath every day.

3 Likes

Are we “protecting” Syrian oil fields to deny revenues to ISIS . . . or to the Syrian government? Or is it that we just want to prevent their reconstruction?

4 Likes

Me too Carl! We will be burning a fatty. Cheers!

2 Likes

Yes, nobody asking how we’re going pay for this crap.

3 Likes

Well, if the U.S. takes control of the oil fields it is a war crime.

3 Likes

Such bullshit.- “Let me thank you for your service” and wasting our tax dollars while U.S. school kids’ lunches are cut. And, I once thought being in the military was honorable. But, that was when I was a dumb kid. – These people are not honorable…they are lying pieces of excrement.

6 Likes

ST- you may want to read the article @ The Grayzone about the BIPARTISAN Syrian Working Group’s 4 Point Plan for NE Syria before wagering any of your $$$. The starvation of resources and deprivation of cashflow of Assad’s controlled territory, in the West and South, is at hand. ( Think Venezuela and Cuban adventurism here. )
The Empire has no plans to quit Syria. And, guess whose fingerprints are all over the 4 Point Plan?
Hint: It starts with an AI an ends with PAC.
Just sayin’.

4 Likes

This has the potential to be quite the legal conundrum, even in a military court for service members. The UCMJ states your not supposed to follow illegal orders, stealing another countries natural resources is illegal, sooo all military members by law should refuse these orders. Don’t hold your breath for this to happen.

3 Likes

As a three year army veteran of the VN war I agree. Anyone signing up and serving voluntarily at this point is not being honorable. Unless you are assured a stateside MOS as a cook, a mechanic, or some other civilian conversion job.
If you want to be a killer join the French Foreign Legion.

2 Likes