Home | About | Donate

'March of Shame’: Tens of Thousands of Israelis Protest Against Netanyahu, Corruption

'March of Shame’: Tens of Thousands of Israelis Protest Against Netanyahu, Corruption

- Common Dreams staff

If charged, Netanyahu would come under heavy pressure to resign.

Tens of thousands Israelis take part in a protest against corruption in Tel Aviv, December 2, 2017.

YES!!! Applause for those who were out there standing up for themselves and others.

We the People simply must hold a “March of Shame” here in every state of the nation to protest the abuse of office of every politician complicit in this Tax Scam.

Anyone agree, or disagree?

You’d think the minority party would be instrumental in organizing said protest, however, we shall never see that from that bunch.

The ideology of fascism is racing like an out-of-control wildfire across the globe on several continents, in several countries. Israel is no exception. It is heartbreaking that the once oppressed have become the oppressor. We need to do what tens of thousands in Tel Aviv did…

Yes, Bibi and Trump belong in prison. Now, I would be really impressed if these Israelis were to protest and fight for the end of their nation’s oppression of the Palestinians.

I know everyone posting on this site already knows that Netanyahu, the Israeli government and the complicit United States government and media are loathsome and horrendous beyond words. If you have not yet seen the documentary, The Occupation of the American Mind, I recommend watching it and suggesting it to others. If you have access to Kanopy, you can watch it there or order it from the Media Education Foundation.

I have a dream. Trump and Netanyahu sharing a jail cell for life. And make them share one bed in that cell as well.

How come U.S. forces of some stripe aren’t over there pounding on the protestors? Isn’t that what happens when people arise to claim some form of real justice?!

And no showers…ever!!!

Sadly I have a feeling nothing is going to happen. Sorry everybody for bring the mood down

Had no idea this had been going on weekly – !!
How wonderful to see…

Every time the Israel people have had a leader for peace, he has been
assassinated by the right wing there. And their hopes buried.

Maybe it will inspire us here, as well?

Palestinians have been oppressing Jews for centuries.

In 1839, the British consul, William Young, said that the poor Jew in Jerusalem…lives from day to day in terror of his life…Young attributed the plight of the Jew in Jerusalem to “the blind hatred and ignorant prejudice of a fanatical populace,”

JEWS IN JERUSALEM.
New York Times December 29, 1878
Crowded together in the worst lodgings, or in the dark cellars under a synagogue building, without food, fuel, or water –even water at Jerusalem being a commodity of price – numbers died of starvation and various diseases, while others went raving mad. Those who could labor were denied employment by the bigotry of the Mussulmans and of the Oriental Christians.

Notice the date. This was before the first Zionists arrived in Palestine. Notice the word bigotry.

Jews had lived for centuries in Hebron & Gaza until they were ethnically cleansed from those areas in 1929.
During the week of riots from 23 to 29 August, 133 Jews were killed by Arabs and 339 others were injured,
and now Palestinians oppress Israelis

Running over Israelis is oppression.
Stabbing Israelis is oppression.
Shooting Israelis is oppression.
Firing rockets at Israelis is oppression.
Blowing up Israelis is oppression.
Throwing rocks at Israelis is oppression.

The Palestinians should protest and fight for the end of their nation’s oppression of the Jews.
The Palestinian Authority takes foreign aid (Palestinians, per capita, are among the top recipients.) and gives it to Palestinians who murder Jews. The more Jews they kill, the more money they get.

Every time Israel offers to end the occupation, the Palestinians say “No!”

Even Prince Bandar bin Sultan of Saudi Arabia (certainly not a Zionist) said that Arafat’s refusal to accept the January 2001 offer was a crime. Thousands of people would die because of Arafat’s decision & not one of those deaths could be justified.

As Clinton later wrote in his memoir:

It was historic: an Israeli government had said that to get peace, there would be a Palestinian state in roughly 97 percent of the West Bank, counting the [land] swap, and all of Gaza, where Israel also had settlements. The ball was in Arafat’s court.

But Arafat would not, or could not, bring an end to the conflict. “I still didn’t believe Arafat would make such a colossal mistake,” Clinton wrote. “The deal was so good I couldn’t believe anyone would be foolish enough to let it go.” But the moment slipped away. “Arafat never said no; he just couldn’t bring himself to say yes.”

The perfect answer to A Zionist-

Am I not remembering correctly, or last time he was head of state he was under similar charges?

How strangely similar to the anti-Trump rallies! That is, all the focus is on personality, none on policy. No hint that, in both cases, it’s the entire system, the entire society, that is wrong and unjust and needs to be changed.

If all you do is get rid of the person–Nutandyahoo or Drumpf–the problems remain.

And that, I think, is the point.

None of these people want to do away with Israeli apartheid. And, similarly, getting rid of the capitalist system, and all the overseas wars, is the furthest thing from the minds of the majority of middle-class “feminists” rallying against Trump.

All they want is someone to put a nicer face on the culture of death.

But we know all about the latest royal love affair don’t we? Gil Scott-Heron had it right. What we get to see and hear from corporate media is now the exclusive province of the oligarchy.

Wasn’t there some sort of rebellion or something on this continent to throw off the rule of monarchy and royal privilege? Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. That refrain is very much older than The Who. Before it was rock n’ roll it was the blues. Well, I been down so god-damned long, that it looks like up to me.

And! I’ll guess that as soon as this tax scam shit is secure the sexual harassment media coverage will disappear. Just sayin’. I have the unfortunate habit of watching Up-Chuck Toad on Sunday mornings, ( yea, I know, a streak of masochism) and Sunday before last he and his overlords would allow neither party’s elected guest to talk about the tax bill but would only allow discussion of the sexual “scandal” that the media delights in wallowing around in. Enough to make you puke.

The map is wrong. 70% of the land was owned by the government.