Home | About | Donate

Marco Rubio and His Colleagues Need a Refresher on the First Amendment

Kate Ruane, Abdullah Hasan

This week, amid a partial government shutdown, senators tried to sneak through a bill that would encourage states to suppress constitutionally protected political boycotts of Israel.

I’d say more like 533 – that’s 99 44/100 percent – of the elected members of “our” Federal Government need a refresher on the First Amendment, along with 100% of Tweetle-Dumb’s appointees.

Good on you, ACLU! And, the Zionist puppets, lackeys and sympathizers in Congress should also be instructed that the Israeli military and security state is stilled based in Israel, for the time being at least.
" Careful what you wish for, you just might get it " is the guiding principle proponents of this b.s. legislation should be guided by. " Or payback is a bitch ", whichever they prefer.

Rubio and the rest of the GOP have been scrambling the constitution for decades. If the GOP succeeds in contriving a “national emergency” to justify suspending the 2020 POTUS election so they can solidify their coup, they will rewrite the constitution to accomodate their full blown neofeudal paradise for the 1%…a neofeudal hell for the rest of us.

Ray, I’m just curious. How come you use the word neofeudal, which does fit, but not the word fascist? And of course, based on the crap from DHS components, I would also use Nazi…and maybe wannabe Nazis for some others.

Headline sez:
“Marco Rubio and His Colleagues Need a Refresher on the First Amendment”

The more these wiseguys know about the First Amendment, the more damage they can inflict upon it. Their current level of ignorance is, frankly, preferable.

But public officials cannot use the power of public office to punish views they don’t agree with.

Isn´t this what many states did when they banned state business with North Carolina a couple of years ago?