Home | About | Donate

Marking 15th Anniversary of US Invasion of Iraq, A Global Call for Peace

Marking 15th Anniversary of US Invasion of Iraq, A Global Call for Peace

Jake Johnson, staff writer

With this week marking the 15th anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq, thousands of people from more than a dozen countries on Sunday will join foreign policy experts and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in a live video call to discuss ongoing conflicts, soaring military tensions across the globe, and "how we can tip the balance toward peace."

This should be “wake up call” time for all Americans.

War is killing our country.

Peace? It ain’t gonna happen. Too many people making too much money on killing. Torture, soon to be a bread and butter item on everyone’s table with this new CIA director. We have fallen over folks. Forget about, move, leave, get outta Dodge while you can.

You’ll have to forgive me, I’m a little confused. These individuals and groups are making a global call for peace only now that Trump is president? What about all the acts of aggression and murder, regime change, funding ISIS, arming the terrorists committed by the Obama administration that paved the way for Trump to be doing what he’s doing now??? And what about Bernie? From what I’ve read he supports all the demonization of Russia/Putin. How does that square with a Global Call for Peace??

The pro-war left(sic) have come up with a juvenile smear word for anti-war activists-Tankies".

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/421528-weiss-war-troll-sryia/

Peace
Po

You’re talking about the past and yes we do need to learn from past mistakes. I agree that the last five Presidents have finance and orchestrated these wars but what does that have to do with now. We have to start somewhere

It’s frustrating. I agree, stronger and more calls for peace should have/should happen but we can’t give up.

This talk of Russian involvement is a distraction from many things including what we learned from wikileaks. Regarding Bernie, any talk I’ve seen from him about Russia has been a quick response (I know that’s aggravating, too) but then he goes on to what concerns him most, i.e. all the things he’s been bringing up and trying to change for years (which is like holding back a tsunami with one sand bag). The only mention I see of “alleged” Russian meddling in our elections on Bernie’s website is an article which highlights voter suppression we created: https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/must-read/anti-voter-laws-worse-than-russian-meddling

I haven’t seen this Russia/Putin demonization you speak of on (his) twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/SenSanders?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Do “not” underestimate the youth of this country.

Our years here are short. Theirs are much longer.

War is state sanctioned murder. Always. For greed, for profit and power, exploiting people’s fears. The global mindset needs to change through people’s consciousness that there is nothing ‘patriotic’ about war and that it only serves its masters. Imagine there is a war and no one shows up…

When me and millions more in the US, and around the globe, protested the most egregious shocking and awful invasion of Iraq that was a wake-up call for me that I was living not in a democracy but a military dictatorship! Dim son called us a " focus group"! I realized it would not have mattered how many millions protested, it would not have made any difference.

And what more proof does one need that the war criminals like Bush, Powell, Cheney and too many others to list, have been found to have lied about WMD’s? And have never been held accountable for their murderous war crimes.

It is commendable this global call for peace, but it seems to me, that no matter how many call for peace IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! Because Amerika is a totalitarian, fascist, state… like some have said: THE FOURTH REICH!

Sooooo true. I would only add; wrapped in a pretty flag!

Once the 03 invasion of Iraq was allowed to proceed, most of us with ANY intelligence knew it would be nearly impossible for the U.S. to extract itself from Middle East engagement probably for the rest of our lives. It’s now approaching two decades.
The fact that the New York Times and the overwhelming majority of media and congress endorsed the invasion is still an evil omen. So many millions here and around the world said no. And not just any “no.” The no of all nos. From a U.S. historical, “karmic” if you will perspective, Vietnam was basically our last chance to turn back, probably a lot of people agree with that statement.
While I admire any and all discussion and effort to stop (especially the Middle East endless war), I have a feeling it will not end until the United States catches up with it’s own karma-we may have all this military power, but Trump is bankrupting the country. Within two years from the tax “heist” (cuts) I think we will start to bottom out. We could never afford W Bush’s playing army by maiming our and Iraq’s young. The money was/is not there. The way this stops is when people in the U.S realize we are bankrupting what remains of our treasury with it. That’s typically the way many of the wars of history have ended. France did it, Germany and others did it, historically. Looks like it may be our turn this time.

" How does that square with a Global Call for Peace??"

Well, the alternative in this, the nuke era, lest there be ET or Divine intervention, is the end of all human life and possibly all animal life on Earth.

WWII was pretty much global and took 5 years … ???

Seems that “illegal wars of aggression” by US seem to take forever …
or is that simply the plan?

Steven –

Don’t think a taboo subject – more like most here recognize it as a “false flag” … but I’m
speaking from my impression of those here which is probably rather old now.

Perhaps some will speak up and say what they think of it?

Here’s some info on another subject which at one time was TABOO all over the internet as bullying
would shut down any challenge to Big Pharma and their vaccines …

Have you seen this one?
** https://healthfreedomidaho.org/court-rules-vaccines-contribute-to-and-cause-sids-deaths**

SIDS blamed on vaccines. "It is more likely than not that the vaccines
played a substantial causal role in the death of J.B. without the effect
of which he would not have died. " This important case decision validates
that vaccines can contribute to and cause SIDS deaths in infants. There
_are no words to describe the importance of this decision. The Courts, FDA _
and independent science have all confirmed that vaccines contribute to the
deaths of infants. And yet, public campaigns blame sleeping positions and
co-sleeping as the primary culprits in the deaths of our most vulnerable.

Courts Confirm Vaccine Contribution to SIDS deaths

THE ROLE OF INFLAMMATORY CYTOKINES AS NEURO-MODULATORS IN THE INFANT MEDULLA HAS BEEN WELL DESCRIBED AND IS LIKELY THE REASON FOR A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF SIDS DEATHS OCCURRING IN CONJUNCTION WITH MILD INFECTION.

“In this case, I have concluded, after review of the evidence, that it is more likely than not that the vaccines played a substantial causal role in the death of J.B. without the effect of which he would not have died. The role of inflammatory cytokines as neuro-modulators in the infant medulla has been well described and is likely the reason for a significant number of SIDS deaths occurring in conjunction with mild infection. I have concluded that it is more likely than not that the vaccine-stimulated cytokines had the same effect in this vulnerable infant during sleep.”

https://ecf.cofc.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc?2013vv0611-73-0

Would just add, this confirms once again what many nurses have testified to in
regard to seeing newborns die immediately after being injected with a vaccine.

Also, this isn’t just about the long mystery of “Sudden Infant Death Syndrome” …
research has also connected these vaccines to “Colic” and “Projectile Spitting.”
Not sure how far the research went, but would be interesting to know if the children
later in life were diagnosed with any of the problems of childhood learning difficulties
such as “Attention Deficit” or “Dyslexia.”

I’ve talked about it. But haven’t had much luck bring new evidence to the table. Maybe you’ll fair better.

It seems to be censored with some progressive sites like CD, because I have never seen any alternative theory articles many by building, architects and engineers with impeccable credentials. CD does a lot of good articles on almost everything else but not 9/11.

And the same also goes for Democracy Now! Amy Goodman also does a great job of reporting, but seems to be a gatekeeper when it comes to reporting alternative narratives about 9/11. I do not know what happened on 9/11. But from my perspective, the American public were never told the truth, because the governments conspiracy theory has to be, in my view, the Mother of all conspiracy theories and a fairy tale.

This is the most comprehensive link I have on 9/11. It’s a little long, but I think it’s worth it.https://youtu.be/ermHx3akejc
There is follow-up info. If you’re interested, let me know.