Home | About | Donate

Massive AIPAC Protest Calls Out Continued Fueling of Illegal Occupation

Massive AIPAC Protest Calls Out Continued Fueling of Illegal Occupation

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

A large protest took place Sunday at the annual American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) conference in Washington, D.C., where demonstrators called for an end to Israel's occupation of Palestinian territory and declared: "Jews won't be free until Palestinians are free."

Good to see this protest. Better late than never. Keep it up.

i am a progressive democrat ,with financial support of free speech t v. but i have a problem with those who do not support the state of israel to exist. whenever did a jew strap on a suicide belt and attack palestinians? never. myself , i hate war. to me , there has to be a way for peace. try leaving out young men from the peace table. try older ladies and young chldren to sit down and talk. find people who want peace to sit down and talk. i am sure that the doctors who do the surgery to mend the wounds , are sick of seeing the blood.

Whenever did a jew strap on a suicide belt and attack palestinians?

LMFAO......"jews" as you refer to the people of Israel have been bringing misery, death, destruction and robbing the lands of Palestinians ever since they arrived in 1947.

Once I realized that supporting Israel meant supporting a Jewish state, I stopped supporting Israel. I don't like any kind of theocracy and am glad we don't have an official religion in the US. Plus Israelis have been terrorizing the Palestinians since 1947 and before, but they claim victimhood anyway.

It's astounding that this article doesn't even mention the Palestinian-led protest!

This demonstration had been organized first and included speeches by people like Iyad Burnat, leader of the Palestinian nonviolence movement in Bi'lin. (Iyad's brother was the person who made the Oscar-nominated film "Five Broken Cameras.")

It was a wonderfully diverse protest and included people who had come from Norway, Australia, France, etc. specifically to be part of it. You can read the details in the If Americans Knew report: "Protesters come from around the world to support Palestinian-led rally against AIPAC."

It would be appropriate for you now to write an article about this demonstration.

One of the main organizers of the protest was Abbas Hamideh. Hamideh's father was one of the few survivors of Israel's massacre of the village of Deir Yassin. It's shameful that Common Dreams didn't even mention this demonstration. Now the editors won't even return phone calls. And Common Dreams claims to be a "progressive" organization? To learn about the demonstration go to the "If Americans Knew Blog"