Home | About | Donate

Massive Crowd in Minsk Tells Belarus Dictator:

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/23/massive-crowd-minsk-tells-belarus-dictator

2 Likes

This is what we need in the US - Trump needs to go, now!

18 Likes

If Trump is reelected through subterfuge in November, we will need millions to surround the White House in D.C. just like the massive crowd in Minsk, in the above picture; otherwise, what Democracy that is left in America… will be history!

16 Likes

Amen.

2 Likes

It’s truly inexplicable how elections are held all over this world without so much as a psychological profile being established before voting takes place. Can you imagine how much pain and suffering would have been eliminated with just something as simple as a psychological evaluation. Instead psychopaths and sociopaths con their way into power.

8 Likes

If the US had an equivalent sized protest based on population, it would be in the range of 80 million people. Too bad our populace is too disillusioned to even bother voting. Not that I blame them.

9 Likes

Its exactly what people will do, what Trump is encouraging them to do, when he loses - so he can justify not standing down.

1 Like

They say that “people are the same wherever you go.” Why then do we not see these numbers in the U.S.?

1 Like

Or, it’s not inexplicable.

We will see them if Trump loses. The reason is because the democrats voters aren’t progressive, they are right wing, and so when tyhe right wing republicans win, it’s pretty close to what they want in the first place. Only when the right wing perceives a setback, such as when a democrat, (supposedly a liberal), wins, that the fascist majority comes out of the woodwork.

4 Likes

I suppose the overarching question is: If he loses, will DT turn the military and/or police against protestors?

1 Like

and will the military shoot their fellow citizens?

3 Likes

Kent State

5 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, next up for overthrow by the US Empire…drum roll please…Belarus.

4 Likes

No, I am talking about if it is proven that Trump illegitably wins, but you are correct, if he loses Trump will call the election a fraud and have millions of his Bible Trumping rabid followers not allowing Biden to access the White House.

2 Likes

He’s already doing that, labeling them as criminals and terrorists! There is no version of this ongoing coup d’etat that does not end in calamity, loss of life and potentially a killing war, save one, and that is the most likely version, unfortunately; the version where the American public does little to nothing and watches their country become a fascist dictatorship without taking necessary actions to stop it. Arguably it’s already happened.

3 Likes

Twenty-six years in office? More like a king than a president, wouldn’t you say? And a long time even for a king. At the very least he should step down graciously and arrange for a smooth transition into a new era.

2 Likes

I guess we’ll just have to call his bluff if that happens.

The pictures of Minsk always carry a strange ambience for me – as if it’s a movie set, or some place very far away (this is an aesthetic thing, impossible to explain). Just under the surface in the politics of Ukraine, Belarus, and Poland, the ignored aftereffects of Chernobyl continue to percolate. Belarus took a direct hit from the bulk of that radiation cloud.

3 Likes

Will the Democrats accept an honest loss without Clintonian finger-pointing, blame-shifting voter-shaming lessons-ignoring sore-loserness sticking with a failed, offer nothing for votes but everything for money, strategy again?

2 Likes