Home | About | Donate

Maybe Just A Little Bit Unusual: Roy Moore Is Righteous, Romantic and Clean As A Hound's Tooth, Just Like Mary and Joseph (Sort Of)

Maybe Just A Little Bit Unusual: Roy Moore Is Righteous, Romantic and Clean As A Hound's Tooth, Just Like Mary and Joseph (Sort Of)

The explosive WaPo story portraying Alabama's Roy "We should criminalize homosexuality to prevent the subversion of children" Moore as a serial sexual predator of young girls has met with some tawdry, gonzo responses. A few brave souls said the GOP "doesn't have any place for pedophiles." But many more sputtered virtuously about lies, allegations, Clinton, romance, "the forces of evil" and - the best - the parents of Jesus, who also had an age gap. Gawd we love the GOP.

Pretty hard to find the moral authority in this bunch. I guess it is progress that this is more visible now so people can come to terms it.Yep. you can’t make this stuff up.

Thanks.

Wait a minute - I thought Jesus was “Immaculately Conceived” in Mary by God using the Force. You mean to tell me that Mary and Joseph were really messing around and Jesus Christ was just an ordinary human like the rest of us? If Jim Zeigler was referring to a Platonic relationship, I’m pretty sure that stroking underage girls through their underwear doesn’t fit that category.

Actually, it would be the best thing to happen to Christianity to make Jesus an ordinary human being that never-the-less attained exceptional spiritual clarity, like Muhammed, or Siddhartha, for example. The next best thing that could help reform Catholicism and Christianity in general would be to give up the idea of the soul and an everlasting life, which is the ultimate expression of materialistic desire. Oh my goodness I put Jesus, Muhammed and Buddha on the same footing; I’m really going to go to hell now.

Hope Roy Moore doesn’t read this, or he’ll be praying for my death. “Oh Great Googley-Moogley strike down mine enemies and cleanse this nation of filthy Yankees! And don’t forget to give brothers and sisters, 'cause bullets aint cheap - remember Jeff Davis and the confederacy of the mind.”

…the child-bride issue has an ugly face, years ago I knew a grownup child bride, she ended up being totally unhinged…what strange brains some folks have, wish they’d stay on their med.'s…

Capitalism is not subverting your kids?

Hey, you know as well as I do there is no such thing as the Great Googley-Moogley. Now, The Flying Spaghetti Monster…

Peace
Po

I hope Doug Jones wins, for Alabama’s sake, as well as the rest of the country. Roy Moore is not a good man!

Looks to me like Roy Moore is trying both have his Christian “cake” AND eat up a position of power and influence in the astoundingly corrupt world of politics. No one yet has been able to serve two masters, so what is Roy’s secret? My hunch is that Roy-boy has been telling lots of lies to himself.

Posted elsewhere on CD:

Roy Moore’s defenders claim that Mary, Jesus’s mother, was a teenager when she had Jesus, so It’s OK to sexually harass teenage girls. But guess what? The Bible says Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit/an angel. Do they think Roy Moore is the Holy Spirit or an angel? Who knew?

Moore also said he didn’t recall having any young “girlfriends” while he was an adult.

Idiot Moore, 14 year old females that you sexually fondle and force to fondle you are NOT “girlfriends”. UGH! And you are not a “boyfriend”, either. You are a criminal.

Wait a minute, if, it wasn’t Joseph, it was God, and god knows there’s nobody older than god. And I’m a bit concerned as to whether Mary had a choice in that reproductive encounter. There’s not many in a greater position of power than god to have propositioned sex from a teenager.
If your Mary and Joseph scenario isn’t what happened, you’re left with a whole new meaning of ‘original sin.’

The problem with all you gol-darned secular leftists is that you don’t know your Bible. Roy Moore, a great exponent of the role of the Ten Commandments in public life, knows his Bible, as do his fellow Alabamans. And they all know that Roy Moore is innocent of any sin.

Commandment number 10 says that thou shall not cover thy neighbor’s wife nor thy neighbor’s ass. But not one negative word is uttered about coveting thy neighbor’s teenage daughter’s ass. So there you have it – incontrovertible Scriptural authority supporting good ol’ Roy’s behavior. Apologies are now being accepted.

“You libs just don’t want to see a real Constitutionalist elected,” solemnly intoned a commenter on another story like this.

A “Constitutionalist” who thinks this country should be ruled by Old Testament law is hardly “real,” since if he read the Constitution he might find things in there like “Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion,” and other stuff like that.

As for impregnating 12 year-olds: Maybe it’s okay if you’re God The Almighty, I don’t know. I guess He created the rules when he created everything, after all. I just don’t see where he passed that privilege along to some backwoods justice of the peace.

The problem is that to Moore and his followers think that what they do is far less than the evil satanic democrats. And thus no one should vote for such evil people. Only vote for us good republicans even if we are sexual predators, the devil works with the democrats, not us.

The “Christian” Fundamentalists and Evangelicals have long considered “Secular Humanism” to be their arch-enemy. I have heard this myself, preached in churches 25-30 years ago. These “Christians” are absolutely convinced that they are a persecuted minority. They get most of their information from a very “closed-loop” system of propaganda. Many, if not most of them , are very pro-gun ownership, racist to varying degrees, homophobic to varying degrees, basically misogynistic at heart, and very open to a theocracy. Most of them, as we have seen, will vote against their own economic self-interest. Their indoctrination has been, and continues to be, very successful. They will overlook all sorts of character flaws in their political leadership as long as it continues to fight secularism and multi-culturalism.

Roy Moore has all of this going for him, sadly. Just as Donald Trump does.

I am more hopeful about Alabama’s voters than most here. Here are three reasons:

1. Moore was only ahead by 10 percentage points previously and it just takes 6% of voters to swing from one candidate to the other to change that into a victory for the Democrat. For now, I’m going to cling to the belief that there are enough voters that don’t want to be tied to such blatant hypocrisy to make up that 6%.

2. A JMC Analytic poll that just came out had Jones ahead of Moore by 4 points. They are not the best polling firm but they had Moore ahead by 8 in their last poll so that is a good sign (and also they had the same percent favoring Trump as in their previous poll showing that this sample isn’t overly biased in comparison).

3. The following Bob Dylan’s lyrics might have a hidden meaning about the Jones/Moore race…

"…You hand in your ticket
And you go watch the geek
Who immediately walks up to you
When he hears you speak
And says "How does it feel to
Be such a freak?"
And you say, "Impossible"
As he hands you a bone

And something is happening here
But ya’ don’t know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?"

Let’s cross our fingers. It’d be nice to think a 30-some-odd year-old-man trolling for teens at the mall and football games would be a bridge too far for Christian conservatives. From what I understand, Moore’s numbers have dropped enough in that audience that Jones has a puncher’s chance. My own experience with fundamentalism in my youth tells me the “God can work through unlikely instruments” justification is just too powerful, but we’ll see.

It speaks volumes that Moore won’t even debate once. His no-debate decision was made before these revelations came out, but it sure puts his cowardice in perspective. Wouldn’t voters at least like to hear from their potential future Senator even if they plan to vote for him?

Ziegler is a stupid as they come. I’ve already commented that Mary was impregnated by an angel or the Holy Spirit. But he also said this: He invoked first the old/young parents of John the Baptist…

Here’s what the Bible says:

According to the Gospel of Luke, Elizabeth was “of the daughters of Aaron” (1:5). She and her husband Zacharias were “righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless” (1:6–7), but childless. While he was in the temple of the Lord (1:8–12), Zacharias was visited by the angel Gabriel:

But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.
— Luke 1:13–15

Zacharias doubted whereby he could know this since both he and his wife were old. The angel identified himself as Gabriel and told Zacharias that he would be “dumb, and not able to speak” until the words were fulfilled, because he did not believe. When the days of his ministry were complete, he returned to his house (Luke 1:16–23).

After this his wife Elizabeth became pregnant and for five months remained in seclusion. “The Lord has done this for me,” she said. “In these days he has shown his favor and taken away my disgrace among the people.”
— Luke 1:24–25

According to the account, the angel Gabriel was then sent to Nazareth in Galilee to her relative[Luke 1:36] Mary, a virgin, espoused to a man called Joseph, and informed her that she would conceive by the Holy Ghost and bring forth a son to be called Jesus. After she was also informed that her “relative Elizabeth” had begun her sixth month of pregnancy, she travelled to “Hebron, in the hill country of Judah”,[1] to visit Elizabeth.(Luke 1:26–40)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_(biblical_figure)

I know, it is why I left the church decades ago and became an atheist. I got tired of the hate being preached. They are a minority though, most christians don’t follow such nonsense. As for being persecuted, that’s in their own mind. They think that anyone who disagrees with them and tries to do anything that they oppose is persecuting them.

Mary and Joseph rationalization is the big winner. Nothing like dragging your top-notch icons through the mud.

I had similar thoughts on my mind when I posted the above, but couldn’t think how to work that in also. Gives a lot more meaning to the paternalistic society, though god may not like it if she is so completely misunderstood.