Home | About | Donate

Mayor Declares State of Emergency Over Lead Poisoning of Flint's Children

This isn't just about dumbing people down. Look up the word "saturnine" in the dictionary. And then, if you haven't read this article, don't miss it: America's Real Criminal Element: Lead.

Typical comment to this news story in a typical Michigan newspaper's website:

"More typical complaining by those welfare collecting low-lifes and their bleeding heart liberals who tax me to death! If they don't like the water, why don't they get a job and MOVE - as long as it is not anywhere near my home!"

Snyder is a nut case and has done more to shore up big business/corporations in his state while relegating the already impoverished to levels so low that they have to climb up to reach the bottom. Racism is an underlying factor in so much of the policy-making in that state that is vehemently denied by the public officials and moneyed elite. Lead poisoning: birth defects, mental retardation, debilitating sickness, and death...A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

"For more than 18 months, state and local government officials ignored irrefutable evidence that the water pumped from the Flint River exposed [residents] to extreme toxicity," the complaint charges. "The deliberately false denials about the safety of the Flint River water was as deadly as it was arrogant.
George Carlin's sentiment bears repeating: "They don't give a fu*k about you."
Leader's need to be put on a leash, unfortunately; and more people are waking up to the fact.

The "leaders" ARE on a leash - a diamond-studded Gucci leather leash in the hands of the rich.

It also bears repeating that the Emergency Manager law has only been implemented in urban areas that have relatively large African American populations. It has, over the course of its use, deprived the majority of Michigan's Black citizens of their electoral privilege at some time or another. This in spite of the fact that there are a number of equally impoverished and malfunctioning cities in heavily Republican and white areas of the state.

yeah, but that isn't the leash I'm envisioning.