Home | About | Donate

McConnell Corporate Immunity Demand Condemned as 'License to Turn Storefronts and Factories and Offices Into Death Traps'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/16/mcconnell-corporate-immunity-demand-condemned-license-turn-storefronts-and-factories

Once again there will be no values placed before profits, not humane, environmental, or life itself.

5 Likes

Death Cult

4 Likes

This would be a fun place for a reader-poll feature: Will the Dims be dragged, kicking and screaming, into compliance with demands for corporate immunity? (My bet: You betcha!)

2020 is the year the most powerful government on earth responded to a pandemic virus with the largest upward transfer of wealth in history, leaving massive global corporations with record-high stocks while killing small businesses and throwing the rank-and-file public to the wolves after handing some of them a paltry $1,200, all while failing spectacularly to address the threat of the virus itself. This financial abuse is happening right out in the open, right in front of everyone.

– Caitlin Johnstone
~https://consortiumnews.com/2020/07/15/2020/

7 Likes

Keep in mind folks, they just don’t want immunity from Covid related lawsuits. They want absolute immunity for all lawsuits, in perpetuity.
More disaster capitalism. Corporate America smells blood in the water and now they see they are within striking distance of their ultimate wet dream, complete and total tort reform and elimination. For decades libertarians like the Koch’s have told their acolytes that there is no need for labor or environmental laws. If you are wronged by an employer or a product you should merely sue them. Now they want want to take your right to a day in court away. And they’re going to get it too, as Nancy and a Steny will gleefully sell our souls for $1200 of our own money.
This is exactly what fascism looks like.

6 Likes

Socialize risks, privatize profits. How many times does that need to be said? If you or anyone doubts that this government is run by the rich for the wealthy you are not seeing.

2 Likes

They want a License to Kill. We already have a president who has murdered over 100,000 with no end in sight.

My recommendation, be prepared to fight.

3 Likes

Oh, I don’t think the Dims will kick or scream too much about it. It’ll be the old good cop/bad cop routine: “We wanted to help, but we had to make a deal.”

5 Likes

Also recall Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s serial mantra “I don’t have the votes”.

1 Like

Monday, July 20, Strike For Black Lives

Text J20Strike to 787753

~https://j20strikeforblacklives.org

JULY 20TH is a day of reckoning. Across the country, workers will rise up to strike for Black lives. Together, we will withhold our most valuable asset — our labor — in support of dismantling racism and white supremacy to bring about fundamental changes in our society, economy and workplaces. Join us in walking out for justice.

I am working on a sign:

Defend Black and Indigenous lives
End Exploitation by Capital

We are many. They are few.

3 Likes

The USA has devolved into a plutocratic lawless shithole country at the hands of the corporate oligarchs who bought off their political puppet whores to do their bidding, along with a citizenry who are too damn stupid to see that both parties they keep on voting for are fucking them up the ass while stabbing them in back all the while telling them sweet little lies. The USA is nothing but a protection racket for the rich who are now stealing everything they can. The USA has nothing left but a dystopian future that is truly unimaginable. If the citizens have any synapses left firing in their brains they would all give the middle finger to their corporate overlords and their political whores and storm the streets and refuse to play the slave roles they have been assigned since birth. But that will not likely happen in a nation of sheep that still believe they live in the most exceptional nation in the history of the earth. Hell, you can’t even get all the people to wear a mask to protect each other from a virus. Enjoy what remaining days we have and be kind to each other as it all goes to hell.

3 Likes

That is the number one call in the Democrats playbook. I will never forget when they had the White House, the Senate and the House from 2008-2010 and all they did was complain that the big bad Republicans might filibuster any legislation they might try to introduce, let alone pass, so they DID NOTHING. They couldn’t even bother to try. Oh wait, they did give us a Republican think tank health care plan. The Democrats are actually more evil than the Republicans because they pretend to care about you while stabbing you in the back. At least the Republicans tell you up front they are going to shoot you in the face.

4 Likes

There are always a few tort reform advocates hanging around congressional offices.

Hi PonyBoy:
Since Mitch wants to give companies a free pass, then I guess he wants to erase OSHA,
TeII these companies to buy Corvid 19 insurance… even though the PeopIe are the ones that usually have to buy the insurance. Make the corporations pay for the potential medical. PeopIe shouId not have to worry about dying just to keep a job!

2 Likes

Brilliant Stardust!

When the vaccine is ready, we should insure all Congress members and the P and VP are given it first to make sure it’s safe for us all.

2 Likes

Hi PonyBoy;
Yes, those eIecteds need to show that they too wiII be wiIIing to die for their country. Especially after aII the wars they’ve voted on to send everyone else’s kids. Congressional VACCINE TESTING. I Iike that : )

2 Likes

McConnell needs a new monicker - ‘Murderer Mitch.’ The man has no respect for life. He only cares about his own raw political power and enriching his wife’s family money (and himself).

This is a great time to revisit Ted Kennedy’s speech on passing a minimum wage increase.
Youtube – one minute long. It’s the kind of speech that is needed to get us off the couch.

1 Like

How about " Moscow Murderer Mitch." ?

Dump McConnell & Trump - NOW!!!