Home | About | Donate

McConnell Draws Outrage for 'Ridiculous' Excuse That Trump Impeachment Trial Prevented Action on Coronavirus Crisis

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/04/01/mcconnell-draws-outrage-ridiculous-excuse-trump-impeachment-trial-prevented-action

1 Like

“It’s exciting to be here, especially at this time,” said Pelosi as she walked surrounded by media and onlookers. “To be able to be unified with our community.

We want to be vigilant about what might be on the horizon — what is out there in other places. We want to be careful how we deal with it (coronavirus). But we do want to say to people, come to Chinatown. Here we are, again, careful, safe, and come join us.”

Most had been glued to the impeachment. None bothered to check the statements of the WHO and China

2-24-20

3 Likes

Rewriting history in Orwellian style, Trump’s hoax wasn’t acted upon as if it were a serious health threat because the impeachment trial delayed it not being called a hoax for all this time until finally Trump stopped calling it a hoax?

Huh?

3 Likes

IMO thinking people already know:

tRump Election prevented action on Coronavirus Crisis

F*ck McConnell and is GOP toadies

3 Likes

Amy McGrath is challenging McConnell for Kentucky Senate November 2020. Do all you can to help her win. Don’t let perfection be the enemy of the good. ANYONE is better than McConnell, and McGrath is the current, best choice. Promote her in your media. Vote for her and/or contribute to her campaign, if you can. Anything to get rid of McConnell.

5 Likes

When I look at McConnell’s and Trump’s mugs all I can see is white meat gone to waste.

4 Likes

Not trying to follow you around this morning but…your posts have been pretty awesome. Anyway, seeing the 3 faces of evil for this story, decided that a Louisville Slugger Makeover would be a real improvement in the appearance of all 3 of those worthless pieces of shit!

1 Like

Many a proud Kentuckian this morning now owns a bridge to Brooklyn.

2 Likes

Too late, the right wing echo chamber now has its new meme: The Democrats are to blame.

And if the new meme sounds a lot like the old meme, you’re starting to get the picture.

4 Likes

Let’s see, it has taken Trump 2 months now since the end of impeachment trial to finally take this covid threat serious. And for years before impeachment he destroyed the pandemic response resources. Mitch and Trump, go take a hike, you are liars and treacherous murderers.

5 Likes

More Kabuki distraction. We’re supposed to be outraged that McConnell said another outrageous thing. Big whoop.

While nothing is being done to slow the pandemic, improve our health care system to handle the pandemic, or help the people who have been financially destroyed.

3 Likes

But if the d-party noise machine doesn’t distract you with layer upon layer of “Repubs are liars” stories, you might focus on how Nancy P and her gang worked hand-in-hand with Mitch M and his gang to dole out trillions to fat cats and crumbs to the plebes.

Can’t have that now, can we?

4 Likes

With McConnell and Trump and others now playing the lie that the empeachment trial slowed their response to the corona virus pandemic they are admitting that they fucked up. They are trying to excuse Trump for not doing the right thing at the right time. They are both criminals.

3 Likes

Probably the first time in my life i will admit to horrific thoughts about old Mitch. Every day I see more humans not deserving of precious resources.

2 Likes

Mendacious Mitch strikes again. He gets my vote for the worst senate majority leader in my lifetime. He must believe in his twisted mind that saying such things will somehow benefit the Repulsicans. This is reason enough to try to defeat him or replace him with a Democratic senate majority.

Put him and tRump in a bag, shake it up, what have you got? A lying sack of sh**t!

1 Like

What’s wrong with these republicans? It seems that they wake up with shit in their mouths every morning and don’t know what to do with it.

“Don’t let perfection be the enemy of the good” are fighting words around here, where perfection abounds.

What’s the difference between the GOP and flying pigs? An f.

1 Like

That’s a nice way of rephrasing the d-party motto: “lower your expectations and we look sorta okay.”

2 Likes

No, it’s a way of saying that some evils should not be allowed, period, even if there are costs.

1 Like