Home | About | Donate

McConnell Dubbed 'Moscow Mitch' for Blocking Debate on Election Security Bill Just As Senate Report Details 2016 Russian Interference

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/26/mcconnell-dubbed-moscow-mitch-blocking-debate-election-security-bill-just-senate

4 Likes

Anyone else notice that when mitch shows up on TV, he always has the same group of losers standing behind him? They seem to follow him around like little lost puppies.

13 Likes

Without rigging, caging, cheating, hacking, gerrymandering, crosscheck, The Reich would not win elections and the Democrats would be forced to govern. Neither Party wants that.

15 Likes

If you are going with Moscow Mitch

Then you gotta go with Putin’s Pelosi

Cause this is a ménage à trois

8 Likes

No,I’m sure Mitch is alive and not brain dead…I swear I once saw his lips move !!

4 Likes

Mitch McConnell is on the take from the voting machine industry! Look up Sludge’s online article documenting this fact.

Even though I have been reading and posting articles to Common Dreams since 2006, “they” won’t allow me to post the URL to this article! Hmmmm …

8 Likes

Under the 2001 USA Patriot Act, domestic terrorism is defined as “activities that (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the U.S. or of any state; (B) appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and © occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.” This definition is made for the purposes of authorizing law enforcement investigations.

3 Likes

What makes everyone look for outside election rigging? The Dems kept Bernie from the nomination. Maybe Mitch supports home-grown election rigging. https://www.spin.com/2006/10/testimony-vote-machine-whistleblower-surfaces/

28 Likes

Trump and McConnell, through their actual and implicit disloyalty to the U.S.A., should have their citizenship status evaluated. Immediately.

4 Likes

Election interference is something Greg Palast has been reporting on – largely ignored – for many election cycles. Guess what? It hasn’t been the Russians, it’s been Kris Kobach with his Crosscheck database, and dozens of other Republican malefactors the Democrats never seem interested in calling out. What a sucker’s game!

When I see CD dragging out this hackneyed McCarthyite “the Russians did it, the Russians are doing it, the Russians will do it” mud to sling at McConnell, when he could truthfully be called out for preserving Republican election interference, I find it profoundly depressing.

33 Likes

I don’t watch TV news, so I have to ask: Does that group include Chuckie Schumer?

4 Likes

The short answer to you’re question is, the public must be made to believe there’s an outside evil to blame, when election rigging is exposed.
For years I couldn’t understand why the dems weren’t screaming loudly about the corrupt machines, as they were getting whipped by them in every election. In 2018 I had my answer in the Newman-Lipinski primary race in Chicago. The dems were caught red handed rigging for incumbent Lipinski (Newman is a progressive). So my conclusion is the dems use them for primary wins (to eliminate progressives and protect DINO’s), and the gop use them in the general elections.

15 Likes

McConnell’s wife Elaine Chou is very connected in China. McConnell has brought Russians into Kentucky to enjoy cheap land that McConnell produced all his life for the coal industry. McConnell acted like a tyrant stealing control of the government from President Obama to pack the courts and decide what got done in the Senate. Until he is gone or out of power the US is in danger with no democracy or good for the sheeple. McConnell is as bad as Trump in lining his own pockets globally and using the US for his personal power and bank account.

9 Likes

Turtle-Face has been in power for more than a decade now – four times as long as Tveetle-Dumb – and has probably done even more harm to our democracy.  IMHO, since the Presidunce is amoral whereas McConnell is fully conscience of his own guilt, the latter is actually far more evil.  Trump is just a symp­tom of the corruption that pervades not just Washington D.C. but Statehouses & Governors’ Mansions nationwide, whereas McConnell is deeply imbedded as part of the disease.

What you mean-um “maybe”, Kemo Sabé?   Back in 2004 the state of Ohio was using easily hacked voting machines from DIEBOLD Co., whose president was one of The Lying Son-of-a-Bush’s money-bundling “Rangers”.  Anyone wonder why Bush “won” Ohio??

18 Likes

They’re his alien “handlers.”

1 Like

Yes, Fes - I recall 2004. Then-chairman of Diebold Walden O’Dell said that he would deliver Ohio to Bush-Cheney. And for good measure, the chairman of the Ohio Bush-Cheney campaign was, at the same time, Ohio Secretary of State (J. Kenneth Blackwell). See What Went Wrong in Ohio: The Conyers Report on the 2004 Election." Republican motto: Have Flag Pin, Will Cheat.

11 Likes

He’s an ass.

1 Like

Mitch, the traitor.

7 Likes

Over and over, I get the sense that he is a southern racist resentful of the South’s “loosing” the Civil War and is now hell bent on destroying the country for revenge. His manipulating Trump, the Northern racist, is reminiscent of the collusion between North and South during slavery times. Southern racists and enslavers were the wealthiest people in pre-Civil War times US America.

5 Likes

Sad to see your contributors trying to breathe life into the corpse of Russiagate.
Sadder still to see the crass Russophobia-it’s another form of racism- which informs the attack not on the republicans but on progressive democrats who have been the victims throughout this Clinton conceived campaign.
This began with the public revelation-entirely unconnected with Russia and the Russian government- of systematic cheating by the DNC, cheating against Sanders and his relatively progressive platform.
Perhaps the most disgusting aspect of the episode is its origins in the Obama-Clinton interventions-employing mercenary wahhabi fanatics- in Libya and Syria, starting wars that have killed hundreds of thousands and displaced millions. It was Putin’s actions-in Russia’s national interest- to fight these ‘jihadis, including both ISIS and al qaeda’, which made the Clintonites determined to neutralise Russian influence by preferring the entirely spurious charges of Russian interference.
We all know who actually interfered in the 2016 election -the UK’s Intelligence Services (almost certainly at the CIA’s behest), Israel, a co-sponsor of the war against Syria and the utterly corrupt Gulf countries where money, stolen from their impoverished populations, is always available to buy protection from Uncle Sam.
Nothing would benefit the world more, and the people of the USA in particular, than a Senate leader actually worthy of the charge of working with Moscow in order to put an end to the eternal slide into war and bankruptcy. In fact, however “Moscow Mitch” has just signed off, at a time when no other country threatens the United States, on the biggest ‘Defense’ budget in history.

27 Likes